The City of Markham is accepting applications for Certified Police Officers to immediately fill multiple open positions.
Certified officers are credited up to 4 years on the pay step scale based on previous experience.
The City of Markham Police Department is a full-service police department. The dedicated men and women of the Markham Police Department serve twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, all year long. Currently Markham Police Department consists of the Command Staff, Patrol Division, Investigations Division and Records Division.
Applications packets are available by email only.
Please send your requests to:
The application deadline is:
Friday, May 28, 2021 at 3:00 PM
(Note: This is not a postmark date)
Application packets must be turned in by email at:
By mail or in-person to:
Markham Police Department
Records Department – 2nd Floor
16313 Kedzie Parkway
Markham, Illinois 60428
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Full-Time Certification – Must have completed the Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Academy and possess a full-time certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Full-Time Employment – Must be currently employed or previously employed as a full-time, non-probationary sworn law enforcement officer in any State, County, University or Municipal law enforcement agency for a minimum of two (2) years.
- Good Standing – Must be in good standing with the agency currently or previously served.
- Citizenship - Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Age Requirement – Must be at least 21 years old and under the age of 35 at the time of application.
- Education - Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Character - Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.
- Charges – Must not have had any charges of violence filed by any civilians in criminal or civil courts or administratively.
- Discipline – Must not have had any disciplinary cases or complaints by any employer.
- Residency Requirements - Must reside within 25 miles of the City of Markham boundaries at within one (1) year of the time of appointment.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet.
Applications are NOT available at the Markham Police Department or City Hall.
No phone calls or questions please.
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Markham, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.