The Morton Grove Police Department is seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Community Service Officer.
This will be a non-sworn, uniformed, full-time civilian position designed to provide office and field (under all weather conditions) support for the police department. Field support will include but are not limited to handling non-criminal code violations, parking enforcement, traffic direction, animal control, school crossings, parades and special events. Office support duties will include but are not limited to front desk reception, clerical support, data entry, court clerk duties, transitioning paper files to electronic format, document destruction, sorting, filing, assisting the public in person and on the telephone and other various administrative duties.
Work hours for the position will be five 8 hour shifts, Monday through Sunday, for a total of 40 hours a week. Work schedule will include weekends and some holidays. Possible shifts are 6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm. Successful candidate must be flexible to work any of the shifts listed above.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and must be able to communicate effectively via telephone or in person in a patient and courteous manner in a high stress environment.
- Must be able to comprehend, interpret, explain and make decisions in accordance to established department procedures and policies.
- Must be able to work outdoors in varying weather conditions and must be able to lift 20 pounds or more.
- Preferred candidates will possess some law enforcement background.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work schedule will include weekends and some holidays.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Clerical/customer service experience.
- Strong ability to multi-task and high attention to detail.
- Self-starter and ability to work independently.
- Microsoft Office Suite experience.
- Ability to learn industry specific software.
- Team player and ability to interact well with others.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Valid Illinois driver’s license and clear driving record.
- Candidate must pass a background investigation, polygraph test, psychological examination, medical exam and drug screen.
Work hours for the position will be five 8 hour shifts, Monday through Sunday, for a total of 40 hours a week. Work schedule will include weekends and some holidays. Possible shifts are 6am-2pm, 7am-3pm, 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm.
Field support duties will include but not limited to:
- Handling non-criminal code violations
- Parking enforcement
- Traffic direction
- Animal control
- School crossings
- Special events
Office support duties will include but not limited to:
- Front desk reception
- Clerical support
- Data entry
- Court clerk duties
- Transitioning paper files to electronic format
- Document destruction, sorting, filing
- Assisting the public in person and on the telephone
- Other various administrative duties
- Application packets are available on-line at http://www.mortongroveil.org/government/employment-opportunities/
- Submit your application, disclosure form, cover letter, resume and a copy of your high school or college diploma via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 30, 2021
- Faxed or hard copies of the application packet will not be accepted.
- All communication regarding the hiring process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants must provide a valid e-mail address.
The Village of Morton Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer.