The Village of Vernon Hills is seeking a candidate for the position of Records Clerk in the Records Division of the Vernon Hills Police Department.
Under the supervision of the Commander of Administrative Services, performs a variety of clerical and technical duties related to the maintenance of Police Department records; provides assistance and information to Police Department staff and other Village Departments; and provides responsive, courteous and efficient service to Village residents and the general public.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- Minimum of two (2) years of general clerical or suitable alternative experience.
- Requires working knowledge of business English, spelling, and arithmetic.
- Requires ability to type accurately at a working rate of speed.
- Requires ability to prepare, maintain, and submit a variety of files, records, and reports. • Requires ability to work independently and efficiently following established guidelines and procedures.
- Requires ability to communicate on the telephone and speak on in a well-modulated voice, using good enunciation and grammar in choice of words.
- Requires ability to perform varied clerical recording and processing functions requiring general knowledge of the office of assignment.
- Requires ability to attend to detail with accuracy.
- Requires ability to operate standard computer software and hardware.
- Requires ability to provide routine information and general assistance to persons over the phone and in person.
- Requires ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain satisfactory working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
- Chosen candidates will be subject to a background and criminal history investigation, reference check, and qualifying pre-employment medical examination and drug screen.
- Successful completion of a twelve-month probationary period.
The salary range for this position is $46,806 - $63,153/annually.
The Village of Vernon Hills has a competitive benefit package which includes:
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Retirement plan through the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- And more
Application forms may be obtained from:
290 Evergreen Drive
Vernon Hills, IL 60061
Village website at:
Applications must be fully complete including sufficient detail to determine if an application meets the specific requirements.
Please submit completed applications to:
Human Resources Department at the Village Hall in person
By email at:
Please make sure to include the title of the position for which you are applying, in the subject of the email.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 17, 2019 at 5:00 pm CST.