The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Melrose Park is now accepting applications for the position of: Firefighter
The Melrose Park Fire Department serves a population of approximately 25,400 in an area measuring 5.5 square miles. The men and women of the Melrose Park Fire Department are dedicated to the protection of life and property in their community.
Testing is being conducted for an immediate need to hire, and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the Office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Melrose Park FD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid driver’s license and the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon hiring
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday at the last date for filing applications (6/5/19). Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the day of testing (6/22/19) unless exempt from such age limitations as provided in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6 which provides in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a full-time firefighter in a regularly constituted fire department of any municipality or fire protection district located in Illinois.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) AND must have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited College or University at time of appointment. In lieu of college credits applicants with four (4) years of active military duty with an honorable discharge will be accepted.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process
- Residency: Applicant must reside within the boundaries of Melrose Park within one (1) year of completion of their probation period
- CPAT Card: Applicants must have a valid CPAT Card issued between the dates of 6/5/18 and 6/5/19.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be Downloaded at:
There is a $40.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Melrose Park Fire Department or Village Hall
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Saturday, June 22, 2019
Registration starts at 7:30 AM
Mandatory Orientation 8:00 AM ~ Written Exam immediately following
Melrose Park Community Senior Center
900 North 25th Avenue
Melrose Park, IL 60160
The Village of Melrose Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.