For priority consideration for the 2021 entry level vacancies, please submit your application and National Testing Network exam by August 27, 2021.
The department's Police Officers provide campus-wide protection for all college patrons, property and basic emergency medical care. All Officers must maintain an Illinois First Responder license. The Police Officers will patrol the campus, complete written reports and take necessary law enforcement action to maintain order pursuant to State law and college policies.
This position is a Full-Time, 12-Month, Public Safety Officers Association appointment with an annual salary of $46,176.00.
The Parkland College Police Department offers testing services for the position of police officer through National Testing Network, Inc. To fill out an application and schedule a test, go to National Testing Network, select Law Enforcement and sign up for the Parkland College Department. Please note: you must first submit an online application via Parkland's employment opportunities website.
What to expect at the National Testing Network website:
- Completion of the application process.
- Detailed information about the testing process.
- Opportunity to take online practice tests at Front Line Test.
- Schedule your own convenient test time. Tests are offered multiple times a week, including Saturdays.
- Take high quality job simulation tests in a standardized, fair testing environment.
Parkland College participates in the NTN testing fee waiver program.
For information on getting your testing fee waived, email:
Chief Matt Kopmann
Upon completion of the entry level exam, all candidate scores are automatically forwarded to Parkland College Police Department. Candidates who attain a passing score on the entry level exam will be placed on the department's eligibility list.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Chief Matt Kopmann
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintaining order on-campus pursuant to College policies, state, and federal law.
- Providing facility and patron security.
- Performing parking and traffic enforcement and routine patrol.
- Conducting investigations.
- Providing emergency care.
- Performing forcible arrests as necessary.
- Documenting incidents.
- Maintaining a good rapport with college faculty, staff, and patrons.
- Maintaining appropriate records.
- Providing assistance upon request.
- Testifying in a court of law.
- Wearing and maintaining appropriate uniform.
- Maintaining current certifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver's license with safe driving record.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Must be a US citizen.
- No felony convictions; must pass thorough background check with fingerprinting.
- Must complete on-the-job field training officer program.
- Pass required written exam (National Testing Network, Inc.), oral interview, psychological evaluation, physical fitness test and medical exam. The psychological evaluation, physical fitness test and medical exam will take place after a conditional job offer has been accepted.
- Associate's degree.
- Military experience.
For more information and to apply, visit: