City of East Peoria Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
NOTICE TO APPLICANTS FOR SECONDARY LIST FOR POLICE OFFICER.
Procedure for applying for the position of Experienced Police Officer for the City of East Peoria, Illinois is as follows:
Applications and all release forms for employment must be completed and returned, with all required documents, to:
East Peoria Fire & Police Commission
P.O. Box #8010
East Peoria, IL 61611
Postmarked on or before September 22, 2021
APPLICATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE AT:
EAST PEORIA CITY HALL
401 WEST WASHINGTON STREET
STARTING ON August 22, 2021
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Be a certified Officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Have been employed as a full-time sworn Law Enforcement Officer for a minimum of (24) twenty-four continuous months.
- Be currently employed by a Municipal, County, State or University Law Enforcement Agency.
- Pass a Written Examination, Oral Interview, Physical Aptitude Test, Polygraph Examination and Background Investigation.
- Pass a Psychological Examination and Medical Examination upon an offer of employment.
- Valid driver's license.
- All applicants are subject to the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire & Police Commission.
THE FOLLOWING FORMS MUST BE COMPLETED AND RETURNED WITH YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION:
- Authorization for Release of Information.
- Acknowledgement/Consent for Background and Credit History.
- Authorization to Take Specimen for Drug Screening Release.
- Release of All Liability.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS MUST BE PROVIDED WITH YOUR COMPLETED APPLICATION:
- A color copy of applicant's driver's license or photo I.D.
- A copy of applicant's birth certificate.
- A copy of applicant's high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE ALL REQUIRED INFORMATION AND DOCUMENTATION WITH YOUR APPLICATION WILL RESULT IN THE REJECTION OF YOUR APPLICATION.
THE MANDATORY WRITTEN TEST WILL TAKE PLACE AT:
1:00 P.M. ON OCTOBER 2, 2021
THE FESTIVAL BUILDING
2200 EAST WASHINGTON STREET
EAST PEORIA, IL 61611
THE MANDATORY PHYSICAL APTITUDE TEST (POWER TEST) WILL TAKE PLACE AT:
8:00 A.M. SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2021
1 EASTSIDE DRIVE
EAST PEORIA, IL 61611
DRIVER'S LICENSE OR PHOTO I.D. REQUIRED.