The City of Galesburg, Illinois is recruiting interested candidates to apply for the position of Police Patrol Officer for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list for the Galesburg Police Department.
All applicants must complete an online application at:
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application, but may be submitted separately to:
- AGE: Must be 20 years of age to test and 21 years of age at time of appointment. Applicants shall be under 35 years of age at the time of application and posting of the final eligibility list, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Illinois Fire and Police Commissioner's Act. Veterans are allowed to exceed the age provision by number of years served on active duty, but by no more than 10 years of active service.
- DRIVER'S LICENSE: Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- EDUCATION: A High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) is required plus 60 semester/credit hours in law enforcement, courses taken to transfer toward a four-year degree, or other related courses from an accredited College or University. This may be waived if the applicant served 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces or has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and is still in active status or has been honorably discharged.
- PHYSICAL APTITUDE: Must be able to perform the duties of the position.
- MORAL CHARACTER: Be of good moral character with no felony convictions.
- CITIZENSHIP: Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 2, 2021
Galesburg Public Safety Building Auditorium
150 South Broad Street
Documentation REQUIRED on October 2, 2021:
- Copy of Driver's License
*Attendance is mandatory and no one will be admitted after 9:00 AM.
** Please bring a mask for testing on October 2nd as the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is requiring all candidates wear a mask during the exam.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 14TH and FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2021
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will conduct oral interviews on Thursday, October 14th and Friday, October 15th, 2021 in:
Erickson Conference Room
55 West Tompkins Street
Only candidates who obtained a passing grade on the written exam will be considered. Interview times will be announced at a later date.
Applicants qualified to claim preference points *Per Illinois State Statute (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8-9):
- Official College Transcript
- Copy of Military Service Record DD 214
- Copy of Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course Certificate
All documentation listed above including a birth certificate or proof of U.S. citizenship must be submitted to Amanda Jennings, Secretary, by Monday, October 25, 2021.
Contact Amanda Jennings, Secretary by phone at:
309-345-3729 or 309-343-9151
The City of Galesburg is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer