Police Department - Dispatch Center
Full-time; Work shift varies, 24x7, Monday through Sunday
Village of Lansing Telecommunicators have NO residency requirement.
- Receives, evaluates, prioritizes, and dispatches police, fire and emergency medical service calls.
- Answers emergency and non-emergency telephone calls and responds accordingly.
- Monitors and broadcasts information to field units and provides them with information, as required.
- Enters warrants, missing persons, and stolen/lost property into LEADS/NCIC.
- Maintains warrant files.
- Performs other ancillary duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate is self-motivated, with exceptional multi-tasking and organizational skills, able to work in a high stress environment with a minimal amount of direct supervision.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be a United States Citizen.
- Must pass a thorough background investigation, including polygraph and psychological examinations.
- Must be of good moral character.
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years old.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Able to work shift work, weekends, holidays, and/or extended hours when necessary.
- Must have good public relations and telephone skills.
- Must have a good performance record in current assignment.
- Prior dispatch/Tyler New World Systems experience is preferred.
Open until filled - Oral interviews of qualified candidates to be determined.
To receive consideration, please submit your resume to:
Deputy Chief Steven Roberts
Lansing Police Department
2710 170th Street
Lansing, Illinois 60438
Your resume may also be submitted as an email attachment (either in PDF or Microsoft Word format) to:
If you submit a resume by email please make the subject line of the email your last name and the position you are applying for. Emailed submissions are preferred. Faxes not accepted.
The Village of Lansing is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in employment.