South Holland, IL
- Various shifts available throughout the month
- 6-hour shifts; midnight – 0600 hours, 0600 – 1200 hours, 1200 – 1800 hours, and 1800 hours – midnight
- Shifts include some weekends and holidays
- Candidates must be available for at least 18-hours monthly, but may not exceed 30 hours weekly
The successful candidate must be a charismatic, highly motivated police officer with the ability to work in a team environment and independently as needed. The ideal candidate is an active-duty police officer currently employed in a state, county, or local government law enforcement agency with a well-developed law enforcement career. Key attributes include integrity, honesty, and humility, balanced with tenacity, perseverance, commitment to quality, a warrior spirit when appropriate, and unparalleled customer service skills.
This a part-time employment opportunity open only to active duty police officers.
"Police officer" means (i) any person who by virtue of his office or public employment is vested by law with a duty to maintain public order or to make arrests for offenses, whether that duty extends to all offenses or is limited to specific offenses, or (ii) any person who, by statute, is granted and authorized to exercise powers similar to those conferred upon any peace officer employed by a law enforcement agency of this State.
- A United States citizen or qualify as a permanent resident alien who is eligible and has applied for citizenship.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, but college degrees preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age at time of hire.
- Not convicted of any felony in any jurisdiction or other crimes of moral turpitude. Conviction of crimes other than felonies may be used in determining moral character but may not necessarily constitute an absolute bar to employment, except where the applicant is a registered sex offender.
- Active-duty police officer with at least 5 of law enforcement experience.
- Possess a valid driver’s license.
- If a resident of the State of Illinois, possess a valid Firearm Owner’s Identification Card, or any prerequisite similar firearm credential if not an Illinois resident.
- Provide proof of police officer status at time of employment, annually thereafter, or more frequently as may be required to comply with Illinois law.
- Submit to and successfully pass a pre-employment background investigation and pre-employment psychological, as may be required.
- As a condition of continued employment, employees must maintain their status as an active-duty police officer, and all other related licenses or certifications. Including a driver’s license and FOID card.
Job opening and online application available at: