The McHenry Police Department with the approval of the Board of Police Commissioners announces the creation of an Entry Level Eligibility List for the position of Police Officer.
A $25.00 non-refundable administrative and processing fee is required before an application is considered complete.
Payment may be made electronically on the City of McHenry website:
Click on the Non-Utility Bill Payments Icon, Click on EPay graphic/icon for payment page
Application Opening Date:
Tuesday, September 7, 2021
Completed applications will be accepted NO LATER than Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 5:00 PM.
- U.S. Citizen of good moral character, temperate habits, of sound health, and physically able to perform the essential job functions of this position.
- Speak and understand the English language sufficient to discharge the duties of police officer.
- Be at least 21 years of age and under the age of 35 at the time of application, unless you are a current police officer certified through the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board; or meet military active duty or combat duty qualifications in accordance with Illinois Municipal Code 65ILCS5 Division 2.1 Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
- Possess an Associate Degree or completed 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university; OR an Honorable Discharge from military service in accordance with Illinois Municipal Code 65ILCS5 Division 2.1 Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Have no felony convictions
- Have no misdemeanor arrests pertaining to domestic violence
- Meet other criteria as established by the Police Commission
A mandatory Orientation Session for all qualified candidates will be held on:
Thursday, October 28, 2021 at 7:00 PM
A valid state or federal ID is required upon check in.
A mandatory written exam for all qualified candidates will be held on:
Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 9:00 AM
BY ORDER OF THE MCHENRY BOARD OF POLICE COMMISSION
The City of McHenry and the McHenry Police Department are an Equal Opportunity Employer