The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Chicago Ridge is now accepting applications for the position of: Entry Level Law Enforcement.
Testing is being conducted for anticipated new hires and to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs.
The primary mission of the Chicago Ridge Police Department is to treat all with respect and dignity. We strive to provide service and protection to the residents, businesses, and visitors of Chicago Ridge. As members of the Police Department, we pledge to make the village a safe and pleasant place to live, work, and visit while representing ourselves and the village, in a positive manner.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 10/6/21 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, October 6, 2021 by 4:00 PM
(NOTE: This is not a postmark date)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Chicago Ridge PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen at time of appointment.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicant must be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (10/06/21) and at such time as the final eligibility list is posted, unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6., which provides in part that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a Certified (full-time) Law Enforcement Officer in a municipality in the United States. Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (10/06/21).
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement AND must have at least 60 credit hours from an accredited college or university. Two years of active military duty will be accepted in lieu of college credit.
- Residence: All appointed police officers, within one year of appointment, shall make his/her place of residence within the boundaries established by police contract. Employees covered by the terms and conditions of the agreement shall maintain their domicile and bona fide place of residence within the following specific boundaries during all periods of service with the Village of Chicago Ridge.
- East: State line
- North: Route 290; Route 88
- West: Route 88; Route 53
- South: Route 30
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
- Language: Must be able to speak, write and understand the English language.
- Must be proportionate height and weight to perform police duties as prescribed by the Illinois Police Training Board. Must be able to successfully meet the requirements of the P.O.W.E.R. Test at the academy.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Chicago Ridge Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, October 23, 2021
Registration starts at 7:30 AM
Orientation – 8:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Chicago Ridge Emergency Management Agency
10655 Oak Avenue
Chicago Ridge, IL
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Chicago Ridge, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.