Village of Romeoville Board of Fire & Police Commissioners
Notice of Police Officer Lateral Transfer Examination to Establish an Eligibility List
The Board of Fire & Police Commission for The Village of Romeoville, Illinois, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Lateral Transfer Police Officer, without regard to race, color, creed, gender or ethnic origin, to establish an eligibility registry for current and future openings in the Romeoville Police Department.
APPLICANTS MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- State of Illinois Law Enforcement Certification from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training Board as a law enforcement officer (part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement).
- A minimum of two years of experience as a full-time sworn law enforcement officer of a municipal police department, a County Sheriff's department or the Illinois State Police, and employed for one year since completion of a probationary period.
- Currently in good standing in the police department in which the lateral transfer applicant presently serves.
- Such knowledge, skills abilities and level of experience as required by the call for lateral transfer applicants.
- Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent thereof.
- Must also be at least 23 years of age at time of hire, per ILCS Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioner's Act.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License at the time application with ability to obtain an Illinois Driver's License upon time of hire.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION AND WRITTEN EXAMINATION:
Saturday, October 16, 2021
The sign in process will start at 9:30 AM and the Orientation will start at 10:30 AM.
The Written Examination will follow immediately after the Orientation.
A photo I.D. with signature will be required for your admission into the Orientation.
Romeoville Recreation Center
900 West Romeo Road
The Orientation will provide you with further information on the Romeoville Police Department hiring process, benefits and further job requirements. A question and answer session will follow.
SUBMISSION OF REGISTRATION:
Police Officer Lateral Transfer Registrations will only be available online at the Village Website, by clicking here:
Registration must be completed by October 8, 2021.
Failure to do so will disqualify you from attending the Orientation and Written Examination.