Testing is being conducted for immediate hiring and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Frankfort is now accepting applications for the position of: Police Officer
The Frankfort Police Department’s primary goal is to provide high quality, professional services to the community, while continuing to be vigilant toward crime and traffic safety. The Police Department is dedicated to making the Village of Frankfort safe while enhancing the quality of life throughout the community, in every neighborhood, during every contact.
Frankfort’s Police Department strives to enrich the quality of work life balance for their officers by working rotating days (12-hour shifts) with alternating weekends off.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, November 3, 2021 at 4:00 PM
(This is not a postmark date)
It is highly recommended that you hand deliver or use a track-able courier for the return of all your material. We are not responsible for lost or delinquent applications.
Applications will be available online until 2:00 PM on 11/3/21
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Frankfort PD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or legally authorized to work in the U.S. (If you are legally authorized, you must provide documentation proving your intent to become a U.S. Citizen)
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License and the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon hiring.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must be 20 years and 6 months of age at time of application and be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications. (11/3/21) unless they have been certified and employed as a full-time law enforcement officer for a municipality in the United States or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) AND one of the following:
- Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice or Law Enforcement from an Accredited College
- 60 semester credit hours towards a Bachelor’s Degree in any field from an Accredited College or University.
- Applicant has served for 24 months of honorable active duty in the U. S. Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable OR applicant has served for 180 days of duty in the U.S. Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- Residency: Must reside within 35 miles of the Village of Frankfort one (1) year from the date of hire.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card at time of application from a certified testing agency. P.O.W.E.R. Cards must be dated between 11/3/20 and 11/3/21.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card can be be obtained at one of these sites:
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Frankfort Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Orientation and Written Examination:
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Saturday, November 20, 2021
Orientation starts at 9:00 AM
Written Exam immediately following Orientation
Lincoln-Way East High School
201 Colorado Ave.
Frankfort, IL 60423
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Frankfort which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.