The Village of Holiday Hills Police Department is always seeking experienced, IL state certified Police Officers interested in Part-Time employment.
Currently working as a full-time police officer for an Illinois law enforcement agency; or, retired as a full-time officer from an Illinois law enforcement agency; or, laid off as a full-time officer from an Illinois law enforcement agency, or, 2 years experience as a certified part-time Police Officer.
- Applicant must have successfully completed the Illinois Basic Law Enforcement Academy (Full or Part-Time). Proof of certification is required with application and will be subject to final approval and waiver by ILETSB.
- Must possess a valid Illinois Driver's License
- Must be a citizen of the United States and at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid FOID card
- Residency not required
- Must be of good moral character and judgement
- Respond to calls
- Community policing
- Enforcing traffic, criminal laws, and local ordinances
- Provide emergency response as needed
- Write accurate, clear, concise, and grammatically correct reports
- Handle traffic crashes
- Attend court as needed
- Handle any and all other duties assigned
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent education
Each phase of the process, although not in the following order is pass/fail and required to proceed to the next:
- Pre-screening interview by police department command staff
- Character and background investigation and credit check
- Interview with the Command Staff and Village President
- Post offer examinations including but are not limited to:
- Psychological evaluation
- Medical examination
- Vision screening
- Drug screening
All appointments are subject to a probationary period.
Candidates may pick up an application at:
Holiday Hills Police Department
Requested from the Holiday Hills Police Department at:
Once hired, the applicant will be required to successfully complete a field training program and probationary period.
Questions pertaining to this employment can be directed to:
Chief of Police Eric Schmidtke or Commander Michael Cooper
The Village of Holiday Hills is an equal opportunity employer.