LATERAL (PRE-CERTIFIED) TRANSFER POLICE OFFICER
Solicitation is being conducted to fill full-time current Police Officer vacancies and to establish a Second Eligibility Register (Lateral Entry) of certified candidates for available positions in compliance with 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-14. Each candidate on the Second Eligibility Register will remain eligible for two years from the date of placement on the register.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications:
Applicants for lateral transfer Police Officer appointments must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
- Must be a current, non-probationary, full-time sworn municipal police officer, state police officer, county sheriff's deputy, or college/university police officer who possesses a law enforcement officer certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Current status as Police Officer for a minimum of 2 years, as outlined above, and currently in good standing in the Police Department in which the person serves with no adverse employment actions.
- Completion and submission of an online application and all required documentation. Further documentation may be required to complete the background investigation process.
- United States Citizen
- Individuals must be at least 23 years old
- Education: Must possess a High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid Driver's License
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements
- Residency is Illinois residence within 25 miles of the Villages border.
- Ability to furnish upon request, a copy of the following, to the extent applicable:
- A resume
- Professional licenses
- Training certificates
- Documents confirming work experience
- Birth certificate
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Transcripts of higher learning
- Naval or military service board and discharge papers (DD214/Copy 4)
- Last two employee evaluations
The Lemont Police Department accepts for employment and promotes its employees without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status, order of protection status, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability to perform the essential job functions or any other status or class protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Lemont Police Department bases its hiring practices and promotions on merit, experience, education and other qualifications applied to all applicants and in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity and as required by any other applicable federal, state, or local law.
The Lemont Police Department complies with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Each phase of the process is pass/fail and required to proceed to the next. All portions of the alternate testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
- Review of application materials
- Background investigation
- Post-offer examinations, including but not limited:
- Psychological assessment
- Medical examination
- Drug screening
- All appointments are subject to a required probationary period.
Lateral Eligible Police Officer Candidate Pool:
- Lateral transfer Police Officer candidates will be placed on the Second Eligibility register following conclusion of application materials and candidate interviews.
- Inclusion in the lateral transfer candidate pool shall be based upon the relative excellence of the applicants.
- The candidate list of lateral transfer Police Officers will be certified by the Police and Fire Commission.
- If the selection process identifies applicants who have certain knowledge, skills and abilities that make those applicants more desirable for the position sought to be filled, the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners may choose to appoint those applicants at the discretion of the Board.
- Each candidate on the Second Eligibility Register will remain in eligible for two years from the date of placement on the register.
Download Application Packet At: