The Board of the Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Mokena is now accepting applications for the position of: Police Officer
Testing is being conducted for an immediate need to hire, and to establish an Eligibility List for anticipated hiring needs.
Mokena is located 45 miles southwest of downtown Chicago in Will County. The Village of Mokena is a family- oriented community with many desirable amenities including excellent schools, beautiful parks and open space. It is known for having a low crime rate and a professional and courteous police department.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, December 1, 2021 at 4:00 PM
(This is not a postmark date)
Applications will be available online until 2:00 PM on 12/1/21
All completed application packets must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Mokena PD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen and provides evidence of intention to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday; or 20 if they have successfully completed two years of law enforcement study at an accredited college or university and be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications. (12/1/21) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) AND have successfully achieved an Associate’s Degree or a Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited College or University. Applicants must have successfully earned the credits by 12/1/21.
- The minimum educational requirement may be waived if one or more of the following applies:
- The applicant is a Veteran and has served 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces and has not been discharged dishonorably or under circumstances other than honorable, OR
- The applicant has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty, recognized by the Department of Defense and has not been discharged dishonorably or under any circumstances other than honorable.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and possess good moral character suitable to the role of a law enforcement officer.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Must have/possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card from a certified testing agency issued between 6/1/21 and 12/1/21. (NOTE: Illinois Full-Time Certified Law Enforcement Officers are exempt from needing to provide a P.O.W.E.R. Card for)
Must possess or have the ability to obtain a FOID Card (Firearms Owners Identification Card)
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $25.00 non-refundable application fee applies.
Applications are NOT available at the Mokena Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Sunday, December 19, 2021 - 9:00 AM
Mokena Elementary School
11244 Willowcrest Lane
Mokena, IL 60448
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Mokena which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.