Western Springs Police Department Is Accepting Applications!
Thursday, January 11, 2022 at 4:00 PM
How to Apply:
- Purchase, complete, and submit your application at www.iosolutions.com
- Submit all supporting documentation
- Complete your application by Thursday, January 11, 2022 at 4:00 PM
- $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- No felony convictions
- US Citizenship
- Valid Driver’s License
- High school diploma or Equivalent (G.E.D. certificate)
- 21 to 34 years of age as of application deadline (1/11/22) or as otherwise exempt from age limitation by Illinois State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6
- Must hold at least 60 semester hours from an accredited College or University OR
- A copy of DD-214 long form showing at least thirty- six (36) months of active service in any branch of the United States military service with an honorable discharge or has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and was honorably discharged as outlined in Illinois State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.
- Must have a current and valid POWER Test Card dated within 12 months prior application deadline (cards considered valid only if issued 1/11/2021 – 1/11/2022).
- POWER test may be taken at one of the following testing agencies:
- Must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the position
- Must have at least 20/100 binocular vision without glasses, correctable to 20/20 with glasses and shall not be color blind
- Must be of good moral character
- Must not have tattoos that would be visible in whole or in part while wearing any uniform apparel of the department
- Must pass all phases of the testing process
- Must participate in an eight (8) hour ride-along with a police officer during the background investigation portion of the hiring process. The ride-along will be scheduled by the agency at that time.
- The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners requires all employees to enter into an expense reimbursement agreement upon hire.
Candidates must attend the mandatory written examination on:
Saturday, January 29, 2022
Doors will open for sign in at 8:15 AM, please arrive no later than 8:45 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID). You must wear a mask at all times. Requirements are subject to change based on IDPH or facility guidelines.
Test will be held at:
Lyons Township High School South Campus
4900 Willow Springs Road
Western Springs, IL 60558
*Eligible applicants must park and enter the building located at the far southwest entrance
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Please contact IOS Recruitment with questions regarding the application, testing site, required documents before the application deadline date:
The Village of Western Springs is an Equal Opportunity Employer