The Board of the Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Orland Hills is now accepting applications for the position of: Police Officer
Testing is being conducted for an immediate need to hire, and to establish an Eligibility List for anticipated hiring needs.
Orland Hills is located 30 miles southwest of downtown Chicago in Cook County. The Village of Orland Hills is a family-oriented community with many desirable amenities including excellent schools, beautiful parks and open space. It is known for having a low crime rate and a professional and courteous police department.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, December 22, 2021 at 4:00 PM
(This is not a postmark date)
Applications will be available online until 2:00 PM on 12/22/21
All completed application packets must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Orland Hills PD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or an alien admitted for permanent residence and/or lawfully admitted for temporary residence and who provides evidence of intention to become a U.S. Citizen.
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday; or are 20 if they have successfully completed two years of law enforcement study at an accredited college or university by the last day for filing applications (12/22/21). Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the last date of filing applications (12/22/21) AND when the Final Eligibility Register is posted unless they have been certified and employed as a Full-Time Police Officer in a regularly constituted police department for a municipality in the United States or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and possess good moral character suitable to the role of a law enforcement officer.
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process.
- POWER Card: Must have/possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card from a certified testing agency issued between 12/22/20 and 12/22/21.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Orland Hills Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Orientation and Written Examination:
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Saturday, January 8, 2022
Orientation - 9:00 AM
Written examination immediately following the Orientation
To Be Determined
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Orland Hills which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.