The North Palos Fire Protection District is now accepting applications to create an eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
The testing will establish an eligibility list that is good for two (2) years.
Testing process will be as follows:
- APPLICATION AVAILABLE: Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 9:00 am
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, May 31, 2019 by 5:00 pm
- MANDATORY ORIENTATION: Monday, June 10, 2019, 7:00 pm - Station #1, 10629 S Roberts Rd, Palos Hills, IL
- Provide certification of passing the Candidate Physical Assessment Test (CPAT) and ladder climb through an IAFF licensed agency within the previous 12-month period (due by the written exam June 24, 2019).
- A written exam will be administered Monday, June 24, 2019. Check-in will begin at 6:00 pm, with doors being locked promptly at 7:00 pm for the test to begin at Station #1, 10629 S Roberts Rd, Palos Hills, IL.
- Interviews will start on July 8, 2019. A 70% on the written score must be obtained to continue to this phase of the testing process. NO RECORDING DEVICES, CELL PHONES, PORTFOLIOS, OR BRIEFCASES WILL BE PERMITTED INTO THE INTERVIEW ROOM. PLEASE LEAVE ANY OF THESE ITEMS IN YOUR VEHICLE.
- All applicants must be US citizens
- A minimum of 21 years of age and cannot be 35 years of age or older on the written examination date of Monday, June 24, 2019, except as otherwise provided by Illinois Statute 65ILCS 5/10-1-7.1(c)(2)
- All applicants must be IL State Certified Paramedics at time of hire
Candidates must submit copies of the following with their applications (reference complete list with application):
- North Palos FPD Authorization Form
- Current CPAT and Ladder Climb (If not available when application due, must be completed and submitted by Written Exam)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Driver's License
- State Certified Paramedic Card (If not available when application due, must be submitted at time of hire)
- Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter Certification
- Firefighter III or Advanced Certification (if applicable)
- Birth Certificate
The Preference Point documentation process will be discussed at the Mandatory Orientation.
- Veteran 5 points
- Educational 2.5 points
- Residency 2.5 points
- Experience up to 5 points
All Applicants MUST attend the Mandatory Orientation Session:
Monday, June 10, 2019, 7:00 pm sharp
10629 S. Roberts Road
Palos Hills, IL
at which time job criteria, testing procedures and requesting preference points will be explained. Photo Identification and sign-in required.
North Palos Fire Protection District
Station #1 Administrative Office
10629 S. Roberts Road
Palos Hills, IL 60465
A non-refundable $40.00 application fee must be paid at time of application request, NO EXCEPTIONS. Applications submitted MUST have all required documents attached when turned in otherwise they will be considered incomplete and shall be disqualified.
Applications must be returned to the Administrative Office no later than 5:00 pm Friday, May 31, 2019 or postmarked by Friday, May 31, 2019.
**It is the responsibility of the candidate to contact the below to schedule testing** Location Test Date Phone Number Website NIPSTA May 4, June 8 847-998-8090 www.nipsta.org SUFD June 5 708-579-2064 www.sufd.org Naperville FD May 18 630-420-6755 www.naperville.il.us/services MABAS 24 CPAT May 11, 15, 24, 29 708-607-CPAT (2728) http://www.mabas24.org/index.php/cpat/cpat-home. CPAT testing and certification and all costs related to them are the responsibility of the applicant.
The North Palos Fire Protection District is an EEOC.