Dixon Rural Fire Protection District Accepting Applications!
Friday, January 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM
How to Apply:
- Purchase and complete your application at https://iosolutions.com/
- Submit all supporting documentation to I/O Solutions by hand or mail
- Complete your application by Friday, January 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM
Firefighter Minimum Requirements:
- $43.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- U.S. Citizen;
- High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED);
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Current health care provider CPR certification;
- At least 21 years of age and under 35 years of age on the last day for submitting applications for original appointment unless otherwise provided by state or federal law; See exemption list in 70 ILCS 705/16.06
- Valid CPAT and Ladder Climb issued by a licensed agency as of date of oral interview;
- Must be certified by the Office of the Illinois State Fire Marshal as a Basic Firefighter (C.F.F.II);
- Must have a current Illinois EMT-B license certification valid for the State of Illinois;
- The candidate must reside within the Dixon Rural Fire Protection District or the City of Dixon and be within a five mile driving distance of Station 1 within three months after the starting date of probationary employment.
Orientation and Written Exam:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on:
Saturday, February 12, 2022
Doors will open for sign in at 8:30 AM, please arrive no later than 8:45 AM with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in.
The test will be held at:
Dixon Rural Fire Department
1020 Palmyra Street
Dixon, IL 61021
All portions of the testing process are mandatory. Failure to attend and successfully complete any portion of the process will result in elimination from employment consideration.
Written examination and oral interview dates are subject to change.
Applicants must provide proof of the necessary certifications and licenses prior to taking the written examination.
Applicants will be provided notice of any changes in the dates of the written examination and oral examination.
Any questions about location or application process should be directed to IO Solutions directly at:
The Dixon Rural Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer