The Lemont Fire Protection District Board of Fire Commissioners is accepting applications for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Lemont Fire Protection District:
- U.S. Citizenship and resident of the United States for a period of one year prior to date of written examination;
- No felony convictions;
- High school diploma (or transcripts) -OR- G.E.D. equivalent;
- Valid Illinois driver's license;
- At least 21 years of age at time of hire AND must be UNDER 35 years of age on the application deadline date (May 16, 2022)
- Must have a valid Illinois EMT license (EMT-B) at time of application;
- Must have a valid Paramedic certification in the State of Illinois at time of hire;
- Must be a certified Firefighter II or Basic Operations Firefighter through the Illinois Office of the State Fire Marshal at time of application;
- Must present a valid Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) and Ladder Climb certification issued within one year of the application deadline date at time of application (CPAT/Ladder Climb must be issued between May 16, 2021 and May 16, 2022);
- Must meet the requirements of a background check, polygraph test, physical and medical examination including drug testing;
- Complete a mandatory written examination on Wednesday, June 15, 2022;
- Pay a $45.00 non-refundable application fee;
- Application deadline is Monday, May 16, 2022 at 4:00 PM.
Preference points will be awarded by the Lemont Fire Protection District for any one of the following categories: Military experience, Fire Service experience, Education, or Residency within the District’s jurisdiction.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by:
Monday, May 16, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST)
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted.
Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
Please contact Stanard and associates with any questions regarding the application process at:
Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Check-in between 2:15 PM and 3:00 PM*
Lemont Township Community Center
16300 Alba Street
*Doors will be locked at 3:00 PM. No exceptions will be made for late arrivals.
Candidates passing the written exam will be scheduled to participate in an oral interview to be held between:
July 19, 2022 and July 21, 2022
The Lemont Fire Protection District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.