We are expecting to immediately fill 3-4 positions.
The Village of Sleepy Hollow Illinois is currently seeking applications from exceptional individuals for the position of part-time Police Officer.
We have a simple and timely hiring process directed by the Chief of Police. Any future full-time openings will be filled through our part-time roster.
The Sleepy Hollow Police Department is fortunate to deliver our services in concert with citizens who are supportive of our officers and show their appreciation often.
We are a police administration that is forward thinking and recognizes the contributions of its officers.
The applicant will perform duties to include but not limited to:
- Enforcing traffic, criminal laws and local ordinances
- Provide emergency response as needed
- Write reports
- Handle traffic crashes
- Attend court as needed
- Handle any and all other duties assigned
- Work a minimum of four shifts and provide availability for eight non-consecutive shifts each month on all shifts including weekends and holidays (We will try to work with you on hours if you have a full-time 40 hour a week job.)
Minimum qualifications include:
- 21 years of age
- U.S. Citizen
- High school graduate (or equivalent)
- Valid drivers license and satisfactory driving record
- Valid FOID card
- Excellent moral character
- Good mental and physical condition
- No felony or domestic violence convictions
- Willingness to work all shifts
- Willingness to work weekends and some holidays (mandatory to work Fourth of July)
- MUST BE a graduate of one of either the full-time or part-time sworn officer Illinois training programs and be State of Illinois certified, or have the appropriate training and certification from another state that is compatible with Illinois training requirements
- Currently employed in law enforcement or separated/retired in good standing from a law enforcement agency
All qualified applications will be required to:
- Pass an oral interview
- Pass a thorough background investigation, including possible credit check
- Complete a Reimbursement Agreement for costs incurred by the Village of Sleepy Hollow for the applicant, should the applicant voluntarily leave the police department within the first eighteen months of employment
- Pass a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and possibly a psychological evaluation after acceptance of appointment
Providing an application does not automatically guarantee you will be hired. We reserve the right to hire based on our hiring policies/procedures and the successful completion of our detailed pre-employment background investigation and approval by our Chief of Police and the Village of Sleepy Hollow Village Board.
If you are not currently certified and/or a sworn police officer, please do not submit an application.
Pre-Application can be found at:
Sleepy Hollow Police Department
One Thorobred Lane
Sleepy Hollow, IL 60118
Monday – Friday
7 AM - 3:30 PM
Pre-Applications may be returned via U.S. postal mail or in person at the above address.
This web page's advertisement may be changed at a later date without notice at the direction and discretion of the Sleepy Hollow Police Department.