Internal Position Title:
Classified FOP Union
The College of Lake County is currently looking for a Police Officer to add to their team.
Under the administrative supervision of the Deputy Chief of Police and the functional supervision of the Police Sergeant, the Officer provides service and protection to the people and property of the College of Lake County through the enforcement of federal and state laws and CLC rules and regulations, provides community service to the campus community through patrols, order maintenance, and public assistance.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
- Current certification as a full time Law Enforcement Officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training & Standards Board.
- High School diploma.
- Ability to patrol all facilities on foot.
- A valid driver's license.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Valid FOID card or ability to obtain.
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
Special Instructions Summary:
Please attach your current certification as a Full-Time Law Enforcement Officer by the Illinois Training & Standards Board. Please note that those selected for interview will be subject to physical and psychological evaluations.
Summary of Essential Functions:
- Provides service and protection to the campus through a variety of law enforcement and safety functions.
- Patrols the buildings and grounds on foot and by vehicle to detect threats to safety, health, security, and criminal violence.
- Makes arrests when necessary according to state laws and department procedures.
- Promotes traffic safety by enforcing parking and traffic violations.
- Responds to potential health hazards, chemical hazards, natural hazards, and criminal situations.
- Coordinates traffic management and conducts accident investigations.
- Assists in training of patrol persons.
- Monitors traffic and road conditions, and reports problems and concerns.
- Identifies and assists persons in need of help and delivers emergency messages.
- Reports potential fire, health, and safety hazards.
- Conducts safety programs as required, crime prevention programs, sexual assault programs, juvenile procedures, fire prevention, use of force, and domestic battery procedures.
- Provides traffic and crowd support for campus activities.
- Testifies in court and other hearings as required.
- Investigates, interviews, and collects evidence to assist in the prosecution of persons who commit crimes on campus.
- Presents evidence in court as required.
- Performs all law enforcement, safety, and security duties as related to this position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Total Hours Per Week:
40 hours/week. Shifts vary and are dependent on the needs of the department.
Software Testing Required:
Interview Process Requirements:
To apply, visit:
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V