The Village of Crestwood, Illinois, Fire & Police Commission is accepting applications from currently certified law enforcement officers for the position of police officer with the Crestwood Police Department.
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Crestwood Board of Fire & Police Commissioners:
- State of Illinois certification by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than forty (40) hours of training required by that Board for recertification, if necessary. Certification by the state of employment outside Illinois will also be accepted provided the certification will be accepted and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board with no more than forty (40) hours of training required by that Board for recertification, if necessary. Please read the Out-of-State Trained Reciprocity Process on the ILETSB website under Training, (Part-time certification as a law enforcement officer does not meet this requirement.)
- United States citizen.
- Individuals must be at least 23 years old.
- Education - High school education or equivalent thereof.
- Experience – At least 2 years' experience as a full time sworn, certified law enforcement officer with a municipal, county or state police department within the last 3 years. (Candidates with less than 2 years' experience may be considered, if the candidate has completed 60 hours of college credit or has 2 years active duty military experience in addition to full time sworn certified law enforcement officer experience.) If an applicant will attain or meet these requirements during the two year posting period, their application will be accepted. (EG: Officer with 18 months experience will become eligible when he/she reaches the two year mark).
- Valid Driver's License.
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements.
- Ability to furnish upon request, a copy of the following: a resume; professional licenses; training certificates; documents confirming work experience; birth certificate; high school diploma or GED certificate; transcripts of higher learning; naval or military service board and discharge papers (DD-214); employee evaluations; Firearms Owners Identification Card, and any other employment related material as requested or required.
To apply for this position, please send a resume to:
Chosen candidates will be required to provide proof of licenses, certifications, and education required for this position. Candidates will also be subject to qualifying pre-employment processes, including polygraph, psychological evaluation, medical examination, drug/alcohol screen, employment verification, and criminal background check.
The Village of Crestwood is an equal opportunity employer and ensures against discrimination in employment on the basis of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, military discharge status, source of income, housing status, or gender identity. The Village of Crestwood is also committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. Any person needing mobility or communications access assistance should contact Human Resources at 708-371-4800 Ext. 2009.