- U.S. citizenship -OR- legally authorized to work in the United States;
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language;
- Be of good moral character, of temperate habits, and have not been convicted of a felony of any nature or convicted of a misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, including but not limited to those cited in the provisions of 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6.3(i), or convicted of multiple misdemeanors of any nature;
- Minimum of 22 and 1/2 (22.5) years of age at time of application -AND- be at least 25 years of age at time of hire;
- Have 20/20 vision in both eyes -OR- correctable to 20/20 with corrective lenses in both eyes;
- Valid Illinois state-issued driver's license (must be a minimum of a Class D license with no restrictions except for corrective eye lenses) or the equivalent from another state;
- Have successfully completed a bachelor's degree with at least one hundred and twenty (120) semester hours from an accredited college or university with at least a cumulative GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale -OR- at least two (2) years active military service terminating in an honorable discharge -AND- sixty (60) semester hours -AND- an associate degree;
- Possess a current Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report test (P.O.W.E.R. Test) as established by The Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board and administered by Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA), North East Multi-Regional Training (NEMRT), or other established and recognized entity at time of hiring.
- Be of sound health and the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation;
- Must successfully complete all requirements as set forth by the Personnel Board and Illinois Compiled Statutes including but not limited to a mandatory orientation, written examination, oral interview, in-depth background investigation, polygraph test, psychological assessment, and medical examination including a drug test screening;
- Pay a $50.00 non-refundable application processing fee;
- Attend a mandatory orientation and written examination testing on Saturday, September 24, 2022.
Submission of Application:
Applications MUST be submitted online by Friday, September 9, 2022 at 4:00 PM (CST).
Faxed, e-mailed, mailed, or dropped off applications will NOT be accepted. Applications submitted after the deadline will NOT be accepted. Only one application per person, per testing cycle will be accepted.
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination Testing:
Following completion of all application materials and review of minimum qualifications, successful applicants will be invited to attend the following: Clear your calendar and make sure you are available on the following date:
All candidates will receive an email approximately one week prior regarding their status in the process.
NOTE: PLEASE BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR EMAIL SPAM FOLDER AS SOMETIMES EMAIL PROVIDERS (SUCH AS GMAIL, YAHOO, ETC.) SEND OUR EMAILS DIRECTLY TO SPAM.
Saturday, September 24, 2022
Starts promptly at 8:00 AM*
Village of Bridgeview (Village Hall)
7500 S. Oketo Avenue, #3
Bridgeview, IL 60455
*Doors will be locked at 8:00 AM. No exceptions will be made for late arrivals.
Important Disclaimer for Potential Applicants:
As part of this application form, you will be required to submit copies of the following documents as part of your application. Applicants failing to provide the following documentation with their application will be ineligible to continue in the hiring process.
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Valid state-issued Driver's License
- Proof of at least one hundred and twenty (120) earned semester hours -AND- a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with at least a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale -OR- at least two (2) years active military service terminating in an honorable discharge, -AND- sixty (60) earned semester hours -AND- an Associate's Degree from an accredited college, university, or junior college
- P.O.W.E.R. Test Card issued by NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, or Triton College at time of hire
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Village of Bridgeview is an Equal Opportunity Employer