Village of Vernon Hills Police Department
Entry Level Police Officers
The mission of the Vernon Hills Police Department is to protect life and property; preserve a peaceful community; prevent, detect, and investigate crimes; justly enforce laws; and protect the rights of all persons.
To fulfill our mission, we are committed to:
- Acknowledging our responsibility to the citizens of Vernon Hills, our source of authority
- Performing our duties within the spirit and the letter of our laws and constitution
- Remaining sensitive to human needs and treating people with respect, compassion, and dignity
- Approaching each situation as unique and responding with empathy and prudent discretion
- Promoting mutual trust between the department, citizens and other community institutions
- Enhancing safety and a feeling of security for our residents
- Fostering a quality work environment that encourages open communications and affords trust, respect, and support for each member
- Promoting professional development and growth of each member
We are seeking entry level Police Officers with the same values. If you hold these same values, consider applying with the Vernon Hills Police Department.
Applications are being accepted from:
August 15, 2022 thru September 26, 2022
All applicants will participate in an online testing process through National Testing Network.
Application, salary and benefits information, detailed job requirements, and testing requirements can be found under the Vernon Hills Police Officer posting at:
Candidates for appointment to the position of Police Officer must meet the following minimum qualifications and requirements at the time of application:
- Between 21 and 34 years of age at time of application (exemptions for military or prior police experience).
- Valid Driver's License
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 60 hours of study at an accredited institution of higher learning.
- No felony convictions
- Successful completion of examination process.
Candidates considering employment are to be aware that responses to questions on the application form in relation to department policies may have a direct impact on eligibility for hiring.
Candidates considering employment are advised that they must comply with the grooming and uniform standards of the Vernon Hills Police Department upon employment.