The Burr Ridge Police Department is currently accepting applications for Lateral Entry Police Officers.
Cindy Pavelchik, Executive Assistant
630-323-8181 ext. 5040
The Burr Ridge Police Department consists of 32 full-time employees, 28 of whom are sworn officers including a Chief, two (2) Deputy Chiefs, and five (5) Sergeants.
Officers enjoy working twelve-hour shifts and participating in extensive levels of training
The Department also offers a variety of specialty positions. Investigations, Firearms Instructor, Field Training Officer, Evidence Technician, Bike Patrol and School Resource Officer.
Burr Ridge is a member of the Metropolitan Emergency Response and Investigative Team ( MERIT ) which offers these specialty positions.
Metro SWAT, Major Crimes, Public Integrity Unit, Major Crash Reconstruction, Crime Scene Forensics, Digital Forensics, Crisis Negotiations, K9 Response, Incident Management Assistance Team, and Drone Teams
The Village of Burr Ridge is located approximately 20 miles southwest of Chicago. With a population of 11,192 and an area of 7.332 square miles.
- Age: Must be at least 21 years old, and under 35 at the time of application. Exemptions for military or prior police experience as permitted by law
- Citizenship Required: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- High School Grad/GED: High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED)
- Valid ILLINOIS Driver's License: Yes
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Additional Requirements:
- At least two years of experience as a full-time sworn, certified law enforcement officer with an Illinois law enforcement agency. (Part-time certification does not meet this requirement), or be qualified to take the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board “Out of State Reciprocity” exam.
- Must have no felony convictions
Application is available at:
Please apply with the following documents to be considered:
- Legible and signed employment application
- A copy of your birth certificate or certificate of naturalization
- A copy of your high school diploma or GED certificate
- A copy of your college or university degree or transcript (if applicable)
- A copy of your valid driver's license
- A cop of your U.S. Military DD-214 form (if applicable)
- A copy of your Illinois Law Enforcement Training Standards Board certificate
Return application materials to the Burr Ridge Fire and Police Commission:
In person or by mail:
Burr Ridge Police Department
7700 S. County Line Road
Burr Ridge, IL 60527
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Initial examination of candidates:
- Complete the Burr Ridge Police Department application and submit all required documents. Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
- Oral interview with the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Background investigation
- Polygraph exam
- Candidates receiving a conditional offer of employment shall be required to pass the following:
- Psychological exam
- Preemployment Physical examination
Burr Ridge is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer