The City of Galesburg, Illinois is recruiting interested candidates to apply for the position of Police Patrol Officer for the purpose of establishing an eligibility list for the Galesburg Police Department.
All applicants must complete an online application at:
*Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application, but may be submitted separately to:
- AGE: Must be 20 years of age to test and 21 years of age at time of appointment. Applicants shall be under 35 years of age at the time of application and posting of the final eligibility list, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in Section 5/10-2.1-6 of the Illinois Fire and Police Commissioner's Act. Veterans are allowed to exceed the age provision by number of years served on active duty, but by no more than 10 years of active service.
- DRIVER'S LICENSE: Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator's license.
- EDUCATION: A High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) is required *The City of Galesburg Board of Fire and Police Commissioners are temporarily waiving the college requirement. A High School Diploma (or G.E.D.) is required plus 30 semester/credit hours in law enforcement, courses taken to transfer toward a four-year degree, or other related courses from an accredited College or University. This may be waived if the applicant served 24 months of honorable active duty in the United States Armed Forces or has served for 180 days of active duty in the United States Armed Forces in combat duty recognized by the Department of Defense and is still in active status or has been honorably discharged.
- PHYSICAL APTITUDE: Must be able to perform the duties of the position.
- MORAL CHARACTER: Be of good moral character with no felony convictions.
- CITIZENSHIP: Applicants must be a U.S. Citizen.
SATURDAY, MARCH 4, 2023
Galesburg Public Safety Building Auditorium
150 S. Broad Street
*Attendance is mandatory and no one will be admitted after 9:00 AM unless approved by the Fire & Police Commission. *Driver's license required or bring a copy the day of testing*
Documentation REQUIRED by MARCH 20, 2023:
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of HS Diploma
- Official College Transcript if applicable
- Copy of Military Service Record DD214 if applicable
*Submit to Amanda Jennings by email, mail or in person
MONDAY, MARCH 20, 2023
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will conduct oral interviews on Monday, March 20, 2023 in:
Administrative Conference Room
55 West Tompkins Street
Only candidates who obtained a passing grade on the written exam will be considered. Interview times will be announced after the written exam.
Candidates will also meet with the Galesburg Police Investigations Division after interviews to start the background process.
Contact Amanda Jennings, Secretary by phone at:
309-345-3729 or 309-343-9151
Mail Documents to:
Public Safety Building
ATTN: Amanda Jennings
150 S. Broad Street
Galesburg, IL, 61401