The ICC is seeking three law enforcement professionals to work as a Commerce Commission Police Officer I in the Police Department.
These positions will be headquartered at 9511 West Harrison Street, Des Plaines, Illinois 60016; however, the majority of work assignments will be in Cook, Will, DuPage, Lake, and Kane counties.
Officers must reside in one of these counties within 6 months of beginning employment and must be available to work any assigned shift within a 24 hour day.
This title is represented by IFPE RC-29 and is subject to the Personnel Code.
Brief Description of Duties:
- Conducts field investigations and law enforcement activities at the working level, issuing citations to violators of the motor carrier of property provisions of the Illinois Vehicle Code which the Illinois Commerce Commission (ICC) is charged with administering
- Conducts compliance audits at the motor carrier's place of business
- Conducts investigations with regard to Chapters 18(a), (c), and (d) of the Illinois Vehicle Code, the Collateral Recovery Act and the Personal Property Storage Act
- Serves as a resource officer
- Renders assistance to police officers from other local, State and Federal agencies
- Requires a Bachelor's degree with course work in law enforcement, criminal justice, social sciences and related areas or requires four years training and experience as a law enforcement officer, motor carrier enforcement officer or commercial transportation investigation, or a combination of years of college and above types of experience.
- Requires successful completion of the Illinois Basic Police Training Program.
- Prefers 3 or more years experience preparing comprehensive written and oral reports.
- Prefers 3 or more years working knowledge of conducting investigations, inspections, issuing warning and arrest citations, executing search and arrest warrants, seizing evidence and providing court testimony, as a state's witness.
- Requires the ability to maintain state issued equipment.
- Requires ability to travel with some overnight stays.
- Requires possession and maintenance of a valid driver's license.
- Requires ability to pass a background check including physical and psychological examination.
- Requires ability to work outside normal business hours when needed.
Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM
9511 West Harrison
Des Plaines, Illinois 60016
Phone #:217-557-4206 or 217-720-5690 (cell)
How to Apply:
All applicants who want to be considered for this position MUST apply electronically through the illinois.jobs2web.com website:
State of Illinois employees should click the link near the top left to apply through the SuccessFactors employee career portal.
Applications submitted via email or any paper manner (mail, fax, hand delivery) will not be considered.