VILLAGE OF ELK GROVE VILLAGE JOB POSTING
PUBLIC SERVICE OFFICER – POLICE DEPARTMENT
The Elk Grove Village Police Department is seeking a Public Service Officer.
Under general supervision of the Sergeant, the Public Service Officer performs work of moderate difficulty on various police service functions such as: information center operator, parking enforcement, identification of safety hazards, directs vehicular and pedestrian traffic; assist with animal control duties, performs licensing officer duties and related work, as assigned.
The Police Department is dedicated to operating a professional law enforcement agency, sensitive to the needs of the people it serves.
The preferred candidate(s) must possess a positive, professional attitude and a passion for public service, as the Public Service Officer plays a vital supportive role for the Police Department.
- Provides an exceptional level of customer service to promote and maintain a positive Village image.
- Determines the severity of a non-emergency phone calls for service and accurately directs an inquiry to the proper staff representative, greets visitors in a professional manner.
- Handles radio communications; simultaneously listens and deciphers sometimes distressed or confused verbal communications on the telephone, over the radio, and in person; gathers the necessary information to transmit/ relay and prioritize calls based on established guidelines.
- Monitors individuals in holding cells, front lobby and other secure locations on closed circuit T.V. for proper conduct, safety, medical or other needs.
- Performs departmental data entry and statistical reports; enters traffic accident reports; submits data for Officers Directed Enforcement action.
- Accurately record information from the public concerning property damage incidents, minor thefts and motor vehicle accidents; perform simple investigations as directed by Police Department supervisory personnel.
- Appear in court as a representative of the Police Department.
- Enforce parking and local ordinance violations.
- Assist in handling reported stray animals and animal bites.
- Provide front desk reception during overnight shift providing customer service duties.
- Two years of experience required in a position dealing with the public in a service position.
- This position is required to become LEADS certified within 30 days of hire.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois Driver's License and a safe driving record.
HOURS OF WORK:
40 hours per week
February 17, 2023
March 31, 2023
Candidates must visit:
Go to Open Jobs on top of the home page, select the Public Service Officer position, and complete an employment application by 5:00 PM on March 31, 2023. Attach your resume and references, as indicated.
All other inquiries should be directed to:
Office of Human Resources
901 Wellington Avenue
Elk Grove Village, Illinois 60007