Lateral Transfer Police Officer Hiring Process
Indian Head Park Police Department
Indian Head Park, Illinois
The Board of Police and Fire Commissioners of the Village of Indian Head Park, Illinois is accepting applications for Full Time Certified Police Officer Lateral Applicants with the Indian Head Park Police Department.
Current assigned shift schedules:
8 hour days; day off rotation Sun/Mon, Sat/Sun, & Fri/Sat
All applicants must meet the following minimum requirements established by the Village of Indian Head Park:
- Possess 20/20 corrected vision
- Currently employed for at least two (2) years or recently retired as a full-time, sworn law enforcement officer by a State, County, University, or local law enforcement agency. Applicants must be in good standing with the agency in which they served. (NOTE: Part-time certification does NOT meet this requirement)
- Must have completed the State of Illinois certified police officer training board requirements
- Be a US citizen
- Be at least 23 years old
- Be a high school graduate or possess a G.E.D. equivalent
- Possess a valid State of Illinois driver's license
- Must agree to comply with all requirements of the position and have the ability to pass all examination and training requirements, including, but not limited to: background investigation, psychological, and medical examination, etc.
- Applicants are not obligated to disclose expunged juvenile records of adjudication, arrest, or conviction as part of the application process
- Ability to furnish upon request a copy of the following documents to the extent applicable: a resume, professional licenses, training certificates, naval or military service board or discharge papers (DD-214/Copy 4), documents confirming work experience, birth certificate, high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate, last two employee evaluations, two police reports demonstrating best work and any other employment related material as requested or required
- There is no fee for this application.
- Submit application and supporting documents on-line by the deadline date: Friday, April 14, 2023 at 4:00 PM (CST).
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Village of Indian Head Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Indian Head Park Police Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.