VILLAGE OF ELMWOOD PARK
The Village of Elmwood Park, an equal opportunity employer, is seeking qualified applicants for employment to establish an eligibility list for the position of entry level police officer.
- Applications will be governed by the rules and regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Elmwood Park.
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Applicants must be under 35 years of age, except as provided in 65 IL CS 5/10-2.1-6(d).
- Applicants must have an associate’s degree or 60 hours of college credit. A copy of a diploma and/or college transcripts must be submitted with each application or such applicant will not be eligible to participate in the testing process. Applicants must also provide a copy of any military service records, discharge papers, and copies of their current driver’s license and birth certificate; a copy of their social security card and a copy of their high school diploma or G.E.D. certificate. Veterans must submit a copy of their DD214 form to become eligible for five preference points.
- All applicants must have successfully completed the Power Test and shall be required to present valid current dated documentation of having successfully completed such Power Test on or before the date of the written examination in order to participate in the testing process.
- Applicants must present their current valid driver’s license (expired or suspended licenses or tickets are not acceptable), in order to gain entrance into the Mandatory Orientation.
- Applications must be obtained in person at the Village Hall, located at 11 Conti Parkway in Elmwood Park, Illinois. Applications will not be mailed or emailed to Applicants.
Applications must be returned to:
Elmwood Park Village Hall
11 Conti Parkway
Elmwood Park, IL 60707
The deadline for the receipt of applications is 5:00 PM, Monday, April 24, 2023. Applications must be received at the Village Hall by either personal delivery or by mail delivery no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, April 24, 2023, or else the application will not be accepted.
Applications must be accompanied by a $30.00 non-refundable application fee, to be paid by money order or check, made payable to the Village of Elmwood Park, if delivered by mail. Applicants may pay by credit card at the time of personal delivery of the application at 11 Conti Parkway, Elmwood Park.
MANDATORY ORIENTATION will be held at 8:00 AM on:
Saturday, May 13, 2023
Parks and Recreation Center
2 Conti Parkway
Elmwood Park, Illinois 60707
WRITTEN EXAMINATION immediately following
Failure to attend the orientation/written examination eliminates the applicant from proceeding further in the testing process and the $30.00 application fee will not be refunded.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F