This is your opportunity to become a member of an extraordinary organization and a dynamic team at either Fresno Yosemite International or Chandler Executive Airports.
Under general supervision, performs the full range of public safety functions consisting of airport law enforcement, emergency medical response, TSA security measures and other applicable emergency airport procedures.
Incumbent is defined in the California Penal Code Section 830.33 as a State Peace Officer.
Vacancies currently exist in the City of Fresno Airports Department.
Immediate and future vacancies will be filled from this eligible list for a period of three (3) months from the date the eligible list is created, with the option of extending that period for up to a maximum of two years at the City's discretion. If the examination process is suspended for this recruitment, the eligible list may be limited to three (3) months.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications on or before the posted filing deadline in order to qualify for the examination and do not assure placement on the eligible list.
- Possession of a current State of California Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T.) Basic Certificate. A copy of the certificate must be uploaded to you online profile at time of application. Applicants lacking the attachment will be rejected.
- Possession of an Intermediate Certificate, or higher, issued by the State of California Department of Justice Commission on Peace Officer Standard and Training (P.O.S.T.) is desirable.
- Please Note: Possession of a Basic Police Academy Certificate of Completion DOES NOT fulfill all requirements for the P.O.S.T. Basic Certificate or the entrance requirements for this position. Per www.post.ca.gov, the Basic Certificate is awarded, as defined in Commission Regulation 1011 to currently full-time peace officers of a POST-participating agency who have satisfactorily completed the prerequisite Basic Course requirement and the employing agency's probationary period.
- Out of State applicants must possess at time of application, a Peace Officer Standards and Training (P.O.S.T) Basic Course Waiver through a certified POST Police Academy.
- Candidates must possess a valid Class 'C' California Driver's License at time of appointment.
- The selected eligible candidates certified will be required to successfully pass an extensive P.O.S.T required background investigation including, polygraph, psychological, medical exam and Peace Officer Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation fingerprinting process before being eligible for hire with the City of Fresno.
How to attach a Certificate:
- Scan, save and upload your certificate to your personal drive.
- Log back into PeopleSoft Self Service, Careers. Choose the link titled Airports Public Safety Officer (PPT).
- Under "Career Tools", click on Cover letters and Attachments.
- Click on +Add attachments.
- For "Attachment Type", choose Certificate.
- For "Attachment Purpose", enter the name of the certificate.
- Click on Add attachment.
- Click on Save and Return.
THE SELECTION PROCESS:
The examination process may consist of the following:
- APPLICATION REVIEW - Qualifying Only: Applications which meet the minimum qualifications will be reviewed and a limited number of the most qualified candidates will be invited to the oral examination. Selection of the most qualified candidates will be based upon those applications demonstrating the greatest breadth and depth of applicable education, experience, skills and training. Therefore, applicants are urged to submit sufficiently detailed information in their application materials for evaluation.
- ORAL EXAM - 100%: A panel of subject matter experts will conduct a job-related oral examination to evaluate a candidate's knowledge of laws of arrest and the elements of misdemeanor and felony offences, methods and techniques of patrolling and safeguarding public facilities, ability to prepare and write detailed and accurate reports or other topics related to a candidate's training, experience and qualifications for the position of Airports Public Safety Officer. Candidates must achieve a passing score to qualify for the eligible list. The oral examination is to be determined.
- VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: Candidates applying for veteran's preference are required to submit a copy of their DD214 with their application during the specified filing period. Evidence must be presented to indicate that the candidate was discharged honorably from the military service. Veterans, including City employees, must resubmit proof of honorable service for every examination for which veteran's preference credit is requested. Qualified veterans who pass the examination will have five (5) points added to their final score.
HOW TO APPLY:
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE AN ON-LINE APPLICATION.
TO APPLY PLEASE VISIT:
For information on how to complete an on-line application, please view "Instruction Guide" on the City's website, Personnel Services Career Opportunities page, or call (559) 621-6950 for assistance. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed employment application.
ALL CORRESPONDENCE regarding this recruitment and exam process will be sent via e-mail. All applicants will acknowledge such understanding when they complete their on-line application. Verify we have your correct e-mail address before you submit your application. It is an applicant's responsibility to check their email frequently to ensure they receive all pertinent communication from the Personnel Services Department on a timely basis. Applicants will receive an automatically generated confirmation e-mail upon a successful application submittal. The e-mail is the only proof of submittal. It is an applicant's responsibility to check their email account and to ensure it is set up to accept emails from the City of Fresno. Dependent upon your settings, notices from the City of Fresno may be directed to the "junk mail" or "spam" folders. It is the applicant's responsibility to check these folders.
Applications must be submitted by midnight on the filing deadline or they will not be accepted for any reason.
FOR THIS RECRUITMENT, IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT PERMANENT FRESNO CITY EMPLOYEES APPLY THROUGH PEOPLESOFT SELF SERVICE.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
The City of Fresno is an equal opportunity employer. Should you need a special accommodation due to a qualifying disability, please contact the Personnel Service Department at (559) 621-6950 in advance of the examination.