The City of Crystal Lake has a full-time opening for a Community Service Officer in the Police Department.
This is a non-sworn, uniformed, civilian position.
The primary job functions include ordinance enforcement, traffic control, assisting motorists, performing courier services, maintaining accurate records and files and to provide responsive, courteous and efficient service to city residents and the general public. Work requires the exercise of considerable judgment, initiative, discretion and confidentiality.
- Qualified candidates should have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ideal candidates must demonstrate an overall enthusiasm for public service and a commitment to proudly serving the community.
- Candidates must be proficient in the operation of customary office equipment, including computers and related software.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public as well as deal tactfully with the public.
- Candidates should also possess the ability to exercise sound judgment when evaluating situations and making decisions and enforce regulations with firmness and tact.
- Candidates should be able to follow verbal and written instructions, while possessing the ability to work independently.
- Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability learn applicable laws, ordinances, and Department regulations.
- Qualified candidates must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time, and sit for several hours while operating a City vehicle and must also be able to work outdoors, sometimes in adverse weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license at the time of application.
Typical work schedule is Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m., with work schedule flexibility as needed.
An in-depth background check relative to current and previous employment along with a fingerprinting, polygraph, and psychological evaluation will be completed for this position.
Qualified individuals interested in being considered for the position should submit an employment application and attach a letter of interest with resume at:
This position will remain open until filled. Applications will be considered as received.
The City of Crystal Lake is an Equal Opportunity Employer