The Village of Bloomingdale Police Department is seeking candidates for one (1) full-time Community Service Officer (CSO).
This position performs municipal law enforcement work that requires assisting the public, enforcing ordinance violations, and performing other duties that do not require physical arrest and are not related to crimes in progress. Work is performed under the direction of the Deputy Chief.
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Assists the public
- Enforces ordinances
- Writes parking tickets; coordinates the towing of abandoned vehicles; assists vehicle owners; and performs vehicle lockouts
- Observes and reports criminal or emergency situations; responds to and investigates civil and criminal complaints; investigates accidents on private property; performs evidence duties
- Performs animal control duties; investigates animal bites; captures wild and domestic animals; educates the public regarding animal care responsibilities
- Provides backup to other department personnel, including Police Aids, and runs a variety of errands as assigned; delivers bank deposits; performs jailer and matron duties; may conduct periodic prisoner checks; assists with fingerprinting and processing prisoners; monitors cameras and the RX deposit box
- Assists public with installing child restraint seats in automobiles
- Provides assistance with community related programs/details such as Peer Jury Business Watch, Senior Fair Day, National Night Out, Septemberfest, Safety Talks, Police Station Tours, and Neighborhood Watch
- Assists with department vehicle snow removal and delivers vehicles for servicing
- Prepares a variety of reports, logs, and correspondence
- High school diploma or equivalent with vocational/technical training in police operations and one year of related experience, or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
- Position requires LEADS certification or the ability to obtain LEADS certification within the first six months of starting.
- A valid Illinois Driver's License is required.
The typical schedule for this position is Tuesday through Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; however, the Bloomingdale Police Department is a 24 hour, 7 days a week operation. This position requires the availability to work all shifts when required. Employees are expected to work mandatory overtime, weekends, and scheduled holidays as required. Regular and punctual attendance is mandatory.
The successful candidate must be a team-player who can also work independently.
Excellent customer service skills, the ability to provide clear guidance or assistance to others, and the aptitude to learn and apply Village policies, laws, and regulations are essential requirements of this position.
To view a full job description and apply for this position, go to:
Questions may be submitted to:
The Village of Bloomingdale is an Equal Opportunity Employer.