The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Burbank is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Level Law Enforcement.
Testing is being conducted for immediate hires and to establish a new Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
Burbank is located in Cook County, at the southwest edge of the city of Chicago. Conveniently located only 12 miles southwest of the Loop, and bordered by Oak Lawn, Bridgeview and Bedford Park makes living in Burbank a great place to raise a family or establish a business.
Founded in 1982, the Burbank Police Department has grown to a professionally trained, 53- member force. Supervisors are required to attend advanced training from the Police Institute of Northwestern University or FBI National Academy.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 8/7/19 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Burbank PD
200 W. Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen or must provide documentation of authorization to work in the U.S. legally.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must be under the age of 35 at the last date for filing applications (8/7/19) unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6, which provides in part that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a Certified (full-time) Police Officer in a municipality in the United States. Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications. (8/7/19)
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement AND must meet one of three requirements;
Residence: The City of Burbank does not have a residency requirement at this time.
P.O.W.E.R. Card: NOTE: Candidates that possess a valid POWER Card issued between the dates of 2/7/19 – 8/7/19 will be exempt from taking the physical on the day of testing. (MUST provide a copy of POWER Card in their returned support packet material and bring POWER Card on the day of test.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice, or similar curriculum (i.e. Public Safety Administration, Psychology, or Forensic-please call 847-310-2677 with questions) with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA from an accredited college or university by last date for filing applications (8/7/19) or
- Have been honorably discharged from military service of the United States after having served a minimum of two years active duty AND have earned a minimum of 60 hours of college credits (provide DD214 & transcripts) or
- Currently a certified full-time Police Officer in the State of Illinois and meet either one of the above education/military requirements (provide certification). The written portion of the testing will be waived for current full-time certified officers.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $50.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Burbank Police Department or City Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation, Physical, and Written Examination
Saturday, August 24, 2019
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Orientation – 8:30 AM
Physical and Written Examination immediately following the Orientation
Reavis High School
6034 W. 77th Street
Burbank, IL 60459
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Burbank, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.