The Board of Police Commissioners for the City of Woodstock is now accepting applications for the position of: Police Officer
Testing is being conducted for current and future hiring needs.
Woodstock, the thriving historic seat of McHenry County, 47 miles northwest of Chicago and located on the Metra rail line, seeks dedicated public servants for establishment of a Police Officer Eligibility List. The Eligibility List will be established for a two (2) year period, or until list is exhausted.
Applications are available at:
The application deadline is:
Wednesday, June 28, 2023 at 4:00 PM
Applications will be available online until 2:00 PM on 6/28/23
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a United States citizen, naturalized citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and the ability to obtain an Illinois or Wisconsin Driver’s License upon successful completion of 18 month probationary period
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st Birthday by the last date of filing applications (6/28/23). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years old on the last date for filing applications (6/28/23), unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or high school proficiency statement
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process
- Residency: If hired, at the end of the 18 month probationary period must reside within the geographical boundaries described as being from Interstate 39 on the west, to Interstate 88 on the south, to Interstate 94/294, and Wisconsin State Road 50/Interstate 43 in Wisconsin to the north
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Candidates are NOT required to have a P.O.W.E.R. Card to apply and take the written examination. Candidates are required to possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card by the time of conditional offer of employment.
- Lateral Transfers Note: If you are a Certified police Officer with 2+ years of service, please visit the City of Woodstock website Human Resources Department to learn more about the Woodstock Police Department Pre-Certified Officer Hiring Program and complete an application if qualified and interested.
Application and P.O.W.E.R. Card testing fees will be reimbursed upon hire.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $20.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Woodstock Police Department or City Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date:
Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, July 15, 2023
Registration starts at 8:30 AM
Orientation starts at 9:00 AM
Woodstock Police Department
656 Lake Avenue
Woodstock, IL 60098
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Police Commissioners for the City of Woodstock which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.