Alsip is now accepting applications for Entry Level Law Enforcement Officers.
The Alsip Police Department strives for excellence in Law Enforcement. Their main goal is to keep their community safe for the citizens of Alsip, Illinois.
Testing is being conducted for three (3) immediate new hires and to establish an eligibility list for anticipated future hiring needs.
Applications are available at:
$45.00 non-refundable applications available online for purchase and submitting until Application deadline 5/25/23 at 4:00 PM
This is not a postmark date
Applications are NOT available at the Alsip Village Hall or Police Department
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicant must be at least 20 years old and under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (5/25/23) and at such time as the final eligibility list is posted, unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6., which provides in part that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a Certified (full-time) Law Enforcement Officer in a municipality in the United States. Applicants must have attained their 20st birthday by the last date for filing applications 5/25/2023.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma or GED Certificate.
- Residence: Must reside in the State of Illinois upon completion of the 18-month probationary period.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing. Minimum passing grade for written test is 70 and oral assessment is 65. Total cumulative score shall be calculated as 65% written test and 35% oral interview plus preference points.
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Must possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. (Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report) Card from a certified testing agency prior to the written test.
- Certified Illinois Peace Officer applicants MAY be required to have a power card.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
Applications are NOT available at the Alsip Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, June 3, 2023
Registration starts at 8:00 AM
Orientation – 8:30 AM
Written Examination immediately following Orientation
Alsip Village Hall
4500 W. 123rd Street
Alsip, IL 60803
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners.
Village of Alsip is an Equal Opportunity Employer.