The City of North Kansas City is accepting applications for Police Officer.
If POST certified at the time of hire, the new officer(s) will be eligible for a cash incentive upon successful completion of field training. If not POST certified, the City will pay for the new employees to attend the police academy.
Police Officer for the City of North Kansas City, Missouri
Summary of Duties:
Performs general police work in protection of life and property, enforcement of laws and investigation of crimes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Patrols city streets, roads and public places, either on foot, bicycle, or in an automobile;
- Directs traffic, enforces traffic regulations, issues citations to offenders and investigates traffic collisions;
- Interviews witnesses, gathers information and makes detailed reports regarding crimes and incidents in the city;
- Apprehends criminal offenders within the guidelines of probable cause and constitutional requirements;
- Skills in report writing, oral communications, firearms handling, operation of a motor vehicle and speed measuring devices;
- Skills in resolving conflict and dealing with the public;
- Knowledge of the City geography and constitutional, criminal and traffic laws;
- Ability to make decisions of a serious nature and perform duties under varying degrees of physical and mental stress;
- Appears and testifies in court;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possesses a valid Drivers License;
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Pass annual physical exam as prescribed by city policy;
- Qualify at firing range with all department issued firearms;
- Must be able to utilize hand-to-hand self-defense tactics to control violent, combative individuals.
- Exposure to weather extremes and highly intense situations;
- May have exposure to blood and other bodily fluids;
- Occasional intense physical contact while affecting arrests;
- Most officers work 12-hour shifts with rotating days off.
Disqualifying Elements for Employment:
- The commission of a crime that would be classified a felony under Missouri Statute, regardless of conviction status;
- 4 moving violations in 4 years or 2 moving violations in a 12 month period;
- Commission of a Domestic Violence related crime;
- Sale of Narcotics;
- Deceit or otherwise lying in an official police investigation or administrative inquiry;
- Use or possession of any controlled substance that the use of that controlled substance in itself would be classified a felony under Missouri Statute;
- Illegal use of any misdemeanor controlled substance in the past two years;
- Non-felony crimes will be reviewed on a job relatedness basis;
- Any misleading or false information on the job application;
- Please Note: If you have participated in any of the above activities, you are NOT eligible to serve as a Police Officer for the City of North Kansas City.
We will be conducting a preliminary background check using the information provided by you.
If you have any questions regarding the Police Officer position with the City of North Kansas City, please contact:
Major Mark Smith
The City of North Kansas City is an equal employment opportunity employer.
The City of North Kansas City, MO is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO) and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, marital status, race, color, creed, mental or physical disability, religion, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, source of income, or any other status protected by local, state, or federal law, in the admission or access to, or employment in, its programs or activities. All interested parties are encouraged to apply!