The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Belvidere is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Level Police Officer.
Testing is being conducted for an anticipated immediate need to hire and to establish a new Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
Certified Officers are encouraged to apply with the possibility of a Lateral transfer with an opportunity for an adjusted starting salary.
The Belvidere Police Department currently employs 44 officers and serves a community of 26,000 citizens within the City of Belvidere. They are a progressive agency with highly motivated officers that work with the community to provide a safe living, learning and working environment to all citizens and visitors.
Applications are available at:
There is no fee to the applicants for the Belvidere Police Application.
Applications will be online until 6/7/23 - 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications electronically is:
Wednesday, June 7, 2023 by 4:00 PM
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (6/7/23) or are 20 years of age and have successfully completed 2 years of law enforcement study at an accredited college or university. Applicants must be under the age of 35 years on 6/7/2023 unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10 – 2. 1-6 which provides, in part, that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed and certified as a full-time law enforcement officer for a municipality in the United States.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement.
- Residence: Must reside within a 25-mile radius of the Public Safety Building (615 N. Main Street) within one year following successful completion of their one-year probationary period.
- Vision: Eyesight must be corrected to at least 20/20 in each eye.
- POWER Card - NOTE: Candidates that possess a valid POWER Card issued between the dates of 3/9/23 and 6/7/23 will be exempt from taking the physical on the day of testing. (MUST provide a copy of POWER Card in their returned support packet material and bring POWER Card on the day of test.)
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
Applications are NOT available at the Belvidere Police Department or City Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation, Physical Ability and Written Examination:
Saturday, June 24, 2023
Registration - 8:00 AM
Orientation – 8:30 AM
Physical Ability and Written Examination immediately following Orientation
Belvidere High School
1500 East Avenue
Belvidere, IL 61008
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the City of Belvidere, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.