IMMEDIATE OPENINGS AVAILABLE
The Calumet City Board of Fire and Police Commissioners is hiring for multiple vacancies for Police Officer.
Applications and Written Exam must be completed and submitted by June 16, 2023.
REQUIRED documents to be submitted with your application:
- DD214 (if applicable)
- Color Copy of Driver's License
- Birth Certificate
- College Transcript
- High School Diploma or GED
- Recent passport size photograph
Submit applications and required documents to:
Complete written exam at:
Candidate Contact Person:
JeTuan Russell, Secretary
The Calumet City Police Department serves a population of 36,500 residents, strong in ethnic, racial, and cultural diversity. In addition to traditional patrol and investigative functions, the Calumet City Police Department has a great number of specialty assignments and collateral duties.
Such assignments include:
- Field Training Officers
- Evidence Technicians
- Firearms Instructors
- Tactical Officers
- School Resource Officers
- SWAT Operators – South Suburban Emergency Response Team (SSERT)
- Investigators – South Suburban Major Crimes Task Force (SSMCTF)
- Investigators – Suburban Major Accident Reconstruction Team
- Task Force Officer – Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Task Force Officer - Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) Chicago Strike Force
Calumet City, Illinois. Cook County, Population: 36,500
- Age: 21 and under 35 years of age, unless otherwise allowed by Illinois State Statute
- Citizenship Required: Yes
- High School Grad/GED: Yes
- Valid Driver's License: Yes
- Ability to Read/Speak English: Yes
- Vision: Uncorrected visual sharpness, minimum of 20/40 with both eyes open using a typical Snellen opticon. Aided vision corrected to 20/20 with both eyes open.
- College: Minimum of 60 hours of college credit at an accredited college or university. Exception: Veterans Education Waiver – education requirement waived for 24 months of honorable active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces or 180 days of combat duty in the U.S. Armed Forces; both of which require honorable discharge.
- Academy Certification: Candidate must successfully complete the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act. (65 ILCS5/10- 2, 2-8)
- Prior Experience: None required.
- Necessary Certifications: Candidates are strongly encouraged to attain and submit a P.O.W.E.R. card. Candidates entering any Illinois certified police academy are required to pass the Peace Officer Wellness Evaluation Report Test.
- Submit Military DD214 (if applicable)
- Residency Requirement: Candidate must live within a 20-mile radius of Calumet City that extends from Illinois through Indiana.
- Submit regulations agreement/test result waiver, waiver/release of liability, and background investigation waiver.
- Step 1: View Mandatory Orientation (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbTxvQfv8fE).
- Step 2: Pass the NTN examination.
- Step 3: Complete an oral interview with the Calumet City Board of Fire and Police Commissioners. (Date TBA)
- Step 4: Pass a psychological assessment, thorough background investigation, polygraph, medical screening, and drug screening. (Details to schedule appointments will be provided to candidates from the Calumet City Board of Fire and Police Commissioners)
- Step 5: Successfully complete the Minimum Standards Basic Law Enforcement Training Course as provided in the Illinois Police Training Act (65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-8)
- Candidate does not meet the minimum requirements to apply
- Felony Convictions or a crime involving moral turpitude
- Misdemeanor convictions that fall within the listed sections of the Illinois Criminal Code as set forth in Section 5/10-2.1-6.
- Individuals previously classified as conscientious objectors
- Failure to attend the oral interview
- Failure to pass the background check
- Failure to pass the psychological evaluation
- Failure to pass the polygraph
- Failure to pass the drug screening
- Failure to pass the medical examination
- Failure to pass the eye examination