The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Montgomery is now accepting applications for the position of: Lateral Police Officer
Applications and Testing is being conducted to establish a new Eligibility List for hiring needs.
The Montgomery Police Department provides policing services to 20,000+ residents and businesses within the Village limits. The department strives hard each day to provide exceptional public service, demonstrate community pride, and maintain public safety throughout the community.
Their primary role is to enforce laws and prevent crime. The Montgomery Police Department strives to make Montgomery a community where residents can feel safe and enjoy a high quality of life. The Village of Montgomery is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Patrol Officers are represented by a Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Metropolitan Alliance of Police - Chapter #333.
Applications are available at:
All application forms must be summited online to:
Deputy Chief Armando Sanders
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid IL driver’s license.
- Age Requirements: Applicants
- must be at least 23 years of age at the time of appointment or recently employed as a full-time
- (non-probationary), Illinois Certified Law Enforcement Officer. Applicants must be under the age of 35 unless they have been certified and employed as a Full-Time Law Enforcement Officer for a municipality in the United States or are otherwise exempt by State Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1.
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Certification: All Lateral transfer entry process candidates must provide documentation to show that they are currently or recently employed as a full-time certified Peace Officer in the State of Illinois. Applicants must provide documentation that they have fulfilled the requirements of the Illinois Police Training Act.
- Salary Range: Transfers are eligible for a starting salary up to $99,486, dependent upon prior years of experience. Lateral candidates shall be considered entry-level employees in all other ways.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character.
- Testing: Lateral transfer candidates who meet the requirements and are selected for entry will not be required to take an entry-level written exam or entry-level physical agility exam. Lateral transfer candidates will be required to complete all other phases of the entry process before an offer of employment. You will be contacted for an oral interview to confirm eligibility and initiate the background process.
- Residency: At this time there is no stated requirements for residence declared by the Village of Montgomery.
- Work hours: Applicant must be able to regularly work twelve hour shifts with the possibility of working other hours/shifts as needed. Must also be able to work weekends and holidays.
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at:
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Montgomery.