The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Chicago Ridge is now accepting applications for the position of: Entry Level Law Enforcement.
Testing is being conducted for anticipated new hires and to establish an eligibility list for future hiring needs.
The primary mission of the Chicago Ridge Police Department is to treat all with respect and dignity. We strive to provide service and protection to the residents, businesses and visitors of Chicago Ridge. As members of the Police Department, we pledge to make the village a safe and pleasant place to live, work, and visit while representing ourselves and the village, in a positive manner.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 9/20/23 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, September 20, 2023 by 4:00 PM
(NOTE: This is not a postmark date)
All applications must be returned to the office of:
PLEASE NOTE: WE HAVE MOVED – NEW ADDRESS
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
ATTN: Chicago Ridge PD
1251 N. Plum Grove Road, Suite 160
Schaumburg, IL 60173
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen at time of appointment.
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application with the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon time of hire.
- Age Requirement: Applicant must be under the age of 35 years old at the last date of filing applications (9/20/23) and at such time as the final eligibility list is posted, unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6., which provides in part that the age limitation does not apply to any person previously employed as a Certified (full-time) Law Enforcement Officer in a municipality in the United States. Applicants must have attained their 21st birthday by the last date for filing applications (9/20/23).
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma, GED Certificate or High School Proficiency Statement AND must have at least 60 credit hours at time of appointment from an accredited college or university. Two years of active military duty will be accepted in lieu of college credit.
- Residence: Employees shall maintain their place of residence with the following Illinois counties: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Will and Grundy. All newly hired employees shall establish residence within six months after completion of the probationary period.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing.
- Language: Must be able to speak, write and understand the English language.
- Must be proportionate height and weight to perform police duties as prescribed by the Illinois Police Training Board. Must be able to successfully meet the requirements of the P.O.W.E.R. Test at the academy.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $30.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Chicago Ridge Police Department or Village Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory orientation and test date:
Mandatory Orientation and Written Examination:
Saturday, October 7, 2023
Registration starts at 7:30 AM
Orientation – 8:00 AM
Written Examination immediately following Orientation
Chicago Ridge Emergency Management Agency
10655 Oak Avenue
Chicago Ridge, IL
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Chicago Ridge, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.