The Board of Police Commissioners for the Village of Lake Villa is now accepting applications for the position of Entry Level Police Officer.
All testing and documents must be submitted no later than October 9, 2023.
HOW TO REGISTER FOR THE TEST:
Visit National Testing Network:
- Select Find Jobs
- Select Law Enforcement Jobs from the drop-down menu
- Filter the results by State (Illinois), and select Lake Villa Police Department
Go directly to the list of Illinois law enforcement and select Lake Villa
Testing is being conducted for immediate new hire police officer positions and to establish an Eligibility List for future hiring needs.
- Completion of Personal History Questionnaire (PHQ) and submit required documents by Oct 9, 2023
- Completion of Frontline National Exam and Public Safety Self-Assessment (PSSA) through National Testing Network. Candidates may take the test virtually or in person at an NTN testing center.
- Completion of Online Interview through NTN
- Obtain a Physical Agility Test Card (POWER Test) through NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, Triton College, or another ILETSB-certified physical testing facility no more than nine months prior to the date of the written exam.
- Background Investigation/staff interview
- Oral Interview with the Police Commission
Post-offer examinations/screenings include but are not limited to:
- Psychological evaluation
- Polygraph examination
- Medical exam
- Drug screening
Lieutenant, Lake Villa Police Department
Our department has many opportunities and specialties available within our agency, which are listed below:
- Field Training Officer
- Accident Investigator
- Lake County Major Crimes Task Force
- Major Crash Assistance Team (MCAT)
- Metropolitan Enforcement Group (MEG)
- Northern Illinois Police Alarm System (NIPAS) (EST) Team
- Evidence Technician
- Traffic unit and grant assignments
- Community Policing and Neighborhood Policing Program
- School Resource Officer (Lakes Comm. H.S.)
- Juvenile officer
- Breath Alcohol Operator (BAO)
- Drone Pilot Program
- Use of Force Instructor
- Firearm Instructor
- Age: Applicants shall be under 35 years of age at the time of application, and at such time as the Final Eligibility Register is posted, unless exempt from such age limitation as provided in §5/10-2.1-6 of the BFPC Act. Applicants, at such time as they file their application with this Board, must be at least 21 years of age.
- Citizenship Required: Applicants for examination must be citizens of the United States and/or an alien admitted for permanent residence or lawfully admitted for temporary residence and who produces evidence of intention to become a citizen of the United States
- High School Grad/GED: Must have High School Diploma, or GED Certificate
- Valid ILLINOIS Driver's License: Applicants must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
- College: Preference Points can be added if proper documentation is submitted
- Academy Certification: Must successfully complete academy training assigned after hired
- Residence: There are no residency requirements declared by the Village of Lake Villa.
- Physical Agility Testing: Obtain a Physical Agility Test Card (POWER Test) through NIPSTA, Joliet Junior College, Triton College, or another ILETSB-certified physical testing facility no more than nine months prior to the date of the written exam.
- Additional Requirements: Applicants must not have been convicted of a felony or any misdemeanor involving moral turpitude, as specified in §5/10-2.10-6 of the Board of Police Commissioners Act.
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Police Commissioners of the Village of Lake Villa, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.