The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the Village of Schiller Park now accepting applications for the position of Lateral Hire Police Officer.
Recruiting is being conducted for an immediate need to hire.
The Schiller Park Police Department continuously strives to improve the quality of life for their citizens by seeking out innovative methods to deliver police services as expediently and efficiently as possible, and with individual attention. They are committed to serving the community with honor and integrity at all times, delivering police services with the highest ethical standards and with the highest standard of proficiency in all that they do.
Applications are available at:
Applications will be online for purchase until 11/29/23 – 2:00 PM
The deadline for returning completed applications is:
Wednesday, November 29, 2023 by 4:00 PM
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Schiller Park PD - Lateral
1251 Plum Grove Road, Suite 160
Schaumburg, IL 60173
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must possess a valid Driver’s License at the time of application.
- Age: Candidates must be at least 23 and under the age of 40.
- Experience: Must be a current Full-Time Certified (by the Illinois Law Enforcement Standards and Training Board) Sworn Law Enforcement Officer with a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a Full-time certified Police Officer and currently employed with respective department, in a municipality, county, or State law enforcement agency in the State of Illinois.
- Education: Must have proof of High School Diploma or GED Certificate, AND a minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited College or University at time of application, or must have served 24 months of active duty or 180 days of combat duty in the United States Armed Forces as designated by the Department of Defense, and have not been discharged under circumstances other than honorable.
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character as described in State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1-6.
- Residence: Within six months months of the completion of 18-month probationary period residency must be established within the following borders: East – Lake Michigan, West – IL Route 47, North – Wisconsin border and South – I 80.
- Testing: Must be able to successfully complete all phases of testing which may include a polygraph and psychological Examination.
All individuals meeting eligibility requirements are encouraged to continue with the application process.
Additional information will be provided in the packet which can be downloaded at:
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee. Applications are NOT available at the Schiller Park Police Department or Village Hall.
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Schiller Park, which is an Equal Opportunity Employer.