Will be hiring 1 immediately.
Staffing rotation - only 4 shifts a month on the ambulance!
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners of the Village of Forest Park, Illinois is accepting appointment(s) to the position of firefighter/paramedic with the Forest Park Fire Department.
All Applicants Must Meet the Following Minimum Requirements established by the Village of Forest Park:
- At least 21 years of age and under 34 years of age at time of written examination (January, 5, 2024), except per Illinois Statute 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6. Proof of date of birth is required
- U.S. Citizenship
- No felony convictions
- High school graduate or GED equivalent
- Possess a valid driver's license with good driving record
- Possess a valid Paramedic License from the Illinois Department of Public Health - (IDPH) (at time of offer of conditional employment)
- Present a valid CPAT card with Ladder Climb with your application with an issue date within 12 months of the date of the application deadline (December 18, 2023) -AND- CPAT card must also be valid at time of hire
- Must successfully pass a written examination with a score of 70% or better
- Must successfully complete an oral interview, background investigation, medical examination, drug testing, polygraph, and psychological examination
- Submit your application by Monday, December 18, 2023
- Participate in on-line remote testing offered between Tuesday, January 3, 2024 and Thursday, January 5, 2024
- Pay a $25.00 non-refundable application processing fee
Preference Points will be awarded by the Village of Forest Park and will follow the Illinois Firefighter Hiring Act.
To apply for this position or obtain additional information, please visit the following website:
The Village of Forest Park is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the continuing policy of the Forest Park Fire Department to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability, and to conform to applicable laws and regulations. Equal opportunity encompasses all aspects of employment practices to include, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, and discipline.