The Village of Bensenville, Illinois is accepting applications for Police Officer candidates.
- Must be 21 to 35 years of age at time of appointment (unless affected by state statute).
- No person shall be appointed to the Department if he or she does not possess a high school diploma or an equivalent high school education.
- Police applicants must also possess a minimum of 60 semester college credit hours (or an equivalent from a quarter system) from an accredited college or university at the time of application submission.
- An exception to this requirement shall apply to applicants who within two years of the date of application have completed a minimum of three years of military service (with an honorable discharge) and possess a primary specialty of security, law enforcement, or military police as listed on the Form DD214.
- Preference points will be awarded for an advanced degree or prior military service.
- Preference is given for law enforcement experience.
Preliminary applications, a more detailed application form will be required after the written test, will be available on-line at:
At the below location:
Bensenville Police Headquarters
(24 hours per day)
345 East Green Street
The number of applicants will be limited to 200.
Preliminary Applications along with a nonrefundable $35 application fee (Check or Money Order made out to the Village of Bensenville/No Currency) must be returned to the Police Headquarters by 5:00 PM, Monday, October 21, 2019.
Orientation, power test and written test are scheduled for Saturday, October 26, 2019 starting at 8:00 AM at:
Fenton High School Cafeteria
1000 W. Green Street
(IL Route 83 and Grove Ave)
Enter Door 1, located on the south side of the building.
Check in time is 7:30 AM.
Applicants must pass existing physical, vision and hearing requirements.
The Village of Bensenville is an equal opportunity employer.