Testing is being conducted to fill 2 full-time Police Officer positions and to establish an Eligibility List for anticipated needs.
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Woodstock is now accepting applications for the position of: Police Officer
Woodstock, the thriving historic seat of McHenry County, 60 miles northwest of Chicago and located on the Metra rail line, seeks dedicated public servants for establishment of a Patrol Officer Eligibility List.
The members of the Woodstock Police Department strive to stay abreast of emerging programs, developing methods and cutting-edge technology that helps them maintain the highest quality police services for their community.
The Mission of the Woodstock Police Department is:
Provide the Highest Quality Police Services by Working with Our Community and Sharing Our Mutual Responsibilities for Safety, Service, and Problem Resolution.
Applications are available at: www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com
The application deadline is Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 4:00 PM
(Please note this is not a postmark date)
Applications will be available online until 2:00 PM on 8/8/18.
All applications must be returned to the office of:
C.O.P.S. and F.I.R.E. Personnel Testing Service
Attn: Woodstock PD
200 West Higgins Road, Suite 201
Schaumburg, IL 60195
You must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Citizenship: Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Driver’s License: Must have a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record and the ability to obtain an Illinois Driver’s License upon successful completion of 18 month probationary period
- Age Requirements: Applicants must have attained their 21st Birthday by the last date of filing applications (8/8/18). Applicants must be under the age of 35 years old on the last date for filing applications (8/8/18), unless exempt by State Statute 65 IL 5/10-2.1
- Education: Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) or high school proficiency statement
- Character: Must have no felony convictions and be of good moral character
- Testing: Must be able to participate and successfully complete all stages of the testing process
- Residency: If hired, at the end of the 18-month probationary period, must reside within the geographical boundaries described as being from Interstate 39 on the west, to Interstate 88 on the south, to Interstate 94 to the east, and the Illinois State line to the north
- P.O.W.E.R. Card: Candidates that possess a valid P.O.W.E.R. Card issued between the dates of 2/25/18 and 8/25/18 will be exempt from taking the physical ability test on the day of testing. (NIPSTA, Triton, or Joliet Junior College
- No lateral transfers are offered
Additional information will be provided in the application packet which can be downloaded at: www.jobsource.copsandfiretesting.com
There is a $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
Applications are NOT available at the Woodstock Police Department or City Hall.
Applicants must attend the mandatory test date: Orientation, Physical Ability Test and Written Examination:
Saturday, August 25, 2018
Registration starts at 7:30 AM
Orientation starts at 8:00 AM
Written Exam for candidates that possess a P.O.W.E.R. Card dated between 2/25/18 - 8/25/18 immediately following Orientation.
Physical Ability Test for candidates without a P.O.W.E.R. Card immediately following Orientation, then followed by the Written Exam for those who successfully perform the Physical Ability Test.
Creekside Middle School
3201 Hercules Road
Woodstock, IL 60098
All applications are subject to the Rules and Regulations of the Board of Fire and Police Commissioners for the City of Woodstock, an Equal Opportunity Employer.