$25.05 per hour
To Be Determined
(Hours may vary depending on departmental needs)
Credentials to be verified by placement officer
- High school graduation or equivalent;
- Possession of a valid State of Illinois driver’s license;
- No record of conviction of a felony or misdemeanors as identified in the Illinois Police Training Act (%) ILCS 705 et seq.), or a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Eligibility for bonding, if required by the employing institution;
- Successful completion of the Basic Law Enforcement Officers’ Training course as prescribed by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standard Board, if required by the employing institution. All recruit law enforcement officers who successfully complete this course after September 1, 1984 are required to successfully pass the Law Enforcement Officers Certification Examination. (Applicants lacking such training at the time of appointment will be required to complete such requirement during, and as part of, their probationary period of employment in this class.);
- At least 21 years of age;
NOTE: Persons who have not successfully completed the mandated firearm training course, as approved and recognized by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standard Board, must complete the course during their probationary period. Police Officers are not authorized to carry a service weapon until successfully completing such training.
This exam consists of the following components:
- Physical Examination
- Written Examination
- Oral Board Examination
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service Website for information on the examination process:
To Apply:In order to be considered for employment by Northeastern Illinois University (NEIU) you must submit the following:
- Employment Application (Original initials and original signatures are required for each application. Electronic initials and electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
- Statement of Annuitant Status (Original signatures are required for each application. Electronic signatures are not acceptable.)
You can obtain an Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Status form at:
Office of Human Resources
Bernard Office Building (BOB)
5555 N. Bernard
Chicago, IL 60625
Monday through Friday
8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
You may also download and print a copy of:
Employment Application and Statement of Annuitant Form
You must complete, sign and date the application and annuitant form and submit them along with official transcripts, resume and cover letter to the Office of Human Resources by the application deadline. A new application and annuitant form are required for each position applied.
If you have any questions, please call:
Office of Human Resources
E-mail us at:
Please visit the State of Illinois University Civil Service website for general information:
NEIU Employment Services reserves the right not to consider any application on the basis of incomplete information/documents, delay in submission, and disqualifications under the rules of State Universities Civil Service System. Employment Services, however, assures that your application will be duly reviewed on the basis of the classification(s) in which you qualify and, accordingly, will inform you of their decision.
A current employment application, statement of annuitant status form, and resume must be submitted by the close of business 10/25/19.
Northeastern Illinois University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and invites applications from Women, Minorities, Veterans and Persons with Disabilities, as well as Other Qualified Individuals. Northeastern Illinois University positions are contingent upon the University's receipt of its State of Illinois appropriation.