Application packets are available at:
401 East Irving Park Road
Twenty-four hours a day
Applications will be accepted until:
Noon, Wednesday, January 15, 2020
There is a $15 application processing fee. Your complete application, fee and required documents must be received by this time for you to be eligible to take the Firefighter/Paramedic written test.
The application and required documents may be:
- Mailed to Human Resources, 301 East Irving Park Road, Streamwood, Illinois 60107; or
- Returned in person, on business days between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, to Human Resources, 301 East Irving Park Road, Streamwood, Illinois, or
- Returned in person, on weekends and evenings, to the Police Department, 401 East Irving Park Road, Streamwood, Illinois.
If applications are mailed or returned in person to the Police Department on weekends or evenings, $15 application processing fee must be check or money order; if returned in person to Village Hall during regular business hours, cash, check, debit or credit cards are accepted.
Respond to alarms to extinguish fires and protect life and property; respond to emergency medical calls during the normal shift and provide basic and advanced paramedic life support services as required.
- Applicants for the position of firefighter/paramedic shall be either  licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Public Health as an EMT/Paramedic or  National Registry Paramedic License or  licensed by the State of Illinois Department of Public Health as an Emergency Medical Technician / B and must be enrolled in Emergency Medical Technician / Paramedic classes at an accredited degree granting college or university, at the time of application to the Streamwood Fire Department.
- Candidates must be fully licensed EMT/Paramedics by the State of Illinois Department of Public Health at the time of appointment.
- Applicants must have a minimum of sixty (60) semester hours of college credit from an accredited degree granting college or university (courses below the 100 course level or those from a trade school and/or technical school are not applicable toward the required college credit.).
- Applicants must be citizens of the United States of America.
- Applicants must have a valid Illinois driver’s license.
- Applicants must have a current (issued within the past 12 months) Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT) with ladder climb certificate.
- Applicants must be at least twenty (20) years of age, but not have reached their thirty-fifth (35) birthday, as of the last date for filing of applications.
- A copy of applicant’s birth certificate is required to be submitted at the time of application.
- Applicants must have reached their twenty-first (21) birthday, but not their thirty-sixth (36) birthday, by hire date.
Upon appointment, Firefighter/Paramedics are required within one year to reside within that portion of Illinois that lies north of Interstate 80.
Two Year Eligibility List:
The Streamwood Board of Fire and Police Commissioners will be preparing a 2-year eligibility list for the position of Firefighter/Paramedic, which will be used for the hiring of all Firefighter/Paramedics for a 2-year period. We currently have an opening and anticipate additional openings.
Board of Fire and Police Commissioners Examination Process:
The Written Examination will be given on Saturday, January 25, 2020. Applicants submitting complete employment applications with all the required documents will be notified by mail of the time and location of the examination.
Questions can be addressed to:
301 East Irving Park Road
Streamwood, Illinois 60107
Equal Opportunity Employer